Community Forum

Lies about DVR/Remote capabilities

Regular Visitor

Lies about DVR/Remote capabilities

We left AT&T for a number of reasons and foolishly believed the Xfinity ads...and the salespeople who will say Anything to make a sale! Either Xfinity doesn’t train their employees or they are trained to Lie. We have found our internet speeds to be Slower than AT&T (according to Xfinity I can’t believe speed tests, not even theirs), but that affects me more than husband; he’s really mad about TV programming etc.

Just learned that Xfinity has very few HD channels. AT&T All premium channels HD, Xfinity has 1 HBO, 1 Showtime,1 this,1 that...and choosing a channel in standard programming causes the picture to go to a letterbox kind of display, or even smaller! The “guide” is a joke. Apparently they want to keep the lack of HD channels a secret so the HBO channels are not grouped together, nor is anything else. No order at all! But the one that gets me: In order to record a program you must be sitting in front of your TV!  With AT&T I could be in a restaurant, at work, waiting to pick the kids up from swim class, Anywhere and I could schedule a recording on any station for any date and time from my phone!  Xfinity lost a lawsuit that pertained to recording on mobile devices?? Fix it!!

And don’t get me started on “customer service”...stop sending the jobs to who-knows-where. Reps don’t speak/understand English. And again, Stop Lieing! I’d have more respect for you if you said “I don’t know the answer to that”. Love these guys who claim to be able to answer questions pertaining to TV, Phone, Internet, Billing and anything else you can think of. How about training employees to know a lot about One thing! That insipid recording asks what you’re calling about, as if it mattered. BTW, just keep screaming “agent” into the phone and eventually you will be transferred, otherwise you’ll be in a loop.

I’ve been told that the HD line up is “government controlled”, that “nobody” has mobile recording, and all I have to do is make a “favorites” list to get the stations in a practical order! AT&T also faster, easier to go to Last Watched, eliminate/speed through commercials, & why do you think voice activation is so new and exciting? Wish there were more options, hate Dish, will have to check out Wide Open West, don’t think this relationship can last!