Community Forum

Lies, Lies and more Lies

Regular Visitor

Lies, Lies and more Lies

Why is it that when you speak to customer service and inform them you want to switch from another cable company to Comcast they don't tell you that a technician has to come into your home and it will be a $60.00 charge for that service?  After cancelled appointments, none of which I was informed of until I called, I was just informed of this cost.  I should have been told this when they were selling their services to me.  I have been lied to about appointments, rescheduling (without my knowledge) and I am really sick of this.  I was told today that there is no possible way to wave the $60.00 charge, which I was never told about on any of my calls to customer service until today.  Their sale tactics are a shame and make sure you ask about any "Additional" charges they may sneak on you.  I am now wondering is there a way for me to get out of this 2 year contract.

Tags (2)
Expert

Re: Lies, Lies and more Lies

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Disgruntal, thanks for reaching out. Sorry to hear about your experience. Installs for most services (cable, internet, voice, etc) cost $60 for the tech to come out. If your home had Comcast service recently from the last resident, you can do the install yourself for free. I'd like to look into the charge for you. Please send me a private message with your full name, address, and account related phone number so I can help.

Regular Visitor

I was scheduled for a technician today and again no one came. I called and spoke to several customer service agents and then I spoke to a supervisor named Lionel. I explained my issues and the lies I was told he then LIED to me also. Lionel say that a technician was going to come to my home between 3 and 5pm and I would receive a confirmation call in 30 minutes after we hung up. Well, I called Comcast after 40 minutes and no call. Lionel had scheduled my service call for Tuesday, April 10. I didn’t choose that time, I was expecting service today. Three times no service technician, appointments cancelled without any notification and lied to by so my customer service agents and a supervisor, Lionel. This makes no since and is bad customer service and they still sNt me to pay $60 for a technician to come inside my home, which I I just found out about this fee yesterday after talking to many agents. I am beyond livid!!!!
Regular Visitor

No show again today and lied to by a supervisor name Lionel who assured me he would send someone out today between 3 and 5 pm. That was a lie, he scheduled me for Tuesday April 10th without my knowledge until I called back when I did not get a verification call. I am beyond livid at this point!!!!!
Official Employee

Disgruntal, sorry to hear about this experience. I have returned to the office and will follow up with you in the private message thread. 

KenF

New Poster

Oh they are HUGE scam artists. All they do is lie and when you agree to their offer, you then find out about their lies and then there's nothing they can do. I have officially had it. I'm switching to Direct TV it is SO much cheapers and has an internet bundle service as well. We all need to stop using Comcast just because we're used to it and are afraid of change.. they are truly a horrible lying company.

Tags (2)