Find solutions, share knowledge, and get answers from customers and experts

New to the Community? Start here.

members

topics

Lied to for 4 days about appointment

ANSWERED
Frequent Visitor

Lied to for 4 days about appointment

After a snowstorm pulled a line down from the utility access pole and is lying on the ground in front of my garage, I called to report the problem - no internet connection and a wire hanging in front of my garage(possibly live!). This was on March 8th 2018. I was told by the agent that a service technician would be out on the 9th and no one needed to be home because it was all outside work. March 9th came and went and still no internet and still a wire (again possibly live!) in front of my garage. At approximately 7:00 AM on March 10th, I called and explained that no one had shown up the previous day. I was very politely apologized to and told that a service technician would be out at 9:30 am that very morning. At 11:30am March 10th, two hours after I was assured someone would be out here at 9:30 I called again. This 3rd agent told me that they never should have told me a specific time because it is usually a large block of time say from 8 am till 11 pm for an outside service appointment. He absolutely guaranteed that someone would be out there by 11pm on March 10th. Guess what? You got it. Morning March 11th, no internet connection (and need I repeat again!!! A possibly live wire in front of my garage). I called again. 4th agent tells me that the appointment is now set for March 12th. He tells me the technician will call half an hour before they come out😤.

Later on March 11th, I called just to see if they had me down for the 12th. 5th agent then tells me - oh no I have you down for today, March 11th by 8 pm.

I understand that storm clean up is unpredictable! But making promises to customers that you are not certain you can fulfill is unacceptable. Guess what? You people are lying?

I do believe this is why you are experiencing cord cutting! Somebody give me a true answer or I will take this complaint further and you will be losing a customer!
Accepted Solution

Re: Lied to for 4 days about appointment

Came home from work today and line was finally fixed!

I did chat with service last night and expressed how unsafe I felt with this line down in front of my garage.

Honestly, I think that this was just the amount of time it took to fix it.

My issues is with the promises of everyday being the day it is going to be fixed.  If they had just said there were an enormous amount of problems and it will take several days to fix it I could have lived with that.  The problem was they built up expectations and we all felt let down day after day.

I hope you get your problem fixed soon!

View answer in context
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Came home from work today and line was finally fixed!

I did chat with service last night and expressed how unsafe I felt with this line down in front of my garage.

Honestly, I think that this was just the amount of time it took to fix it.

My issues is with the promises of everyday being the day it is going to be fixed.  If they had just said there were an enormous amount of problems and it will take several days to fix it I could have lived with that.  The problem was they built up expectations and we all felt let down day after day.

I hope you get your problem fixed soon!

Official Employee

811758, sorry to hear about your experiencing in the time it took to get this done, but I'm glad to hear it was taken care of. Let me know if you need anything else. 

KenF

Community Icon
I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am an Offical Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered? Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon
Community Icon
I am a Comcast Employee.
Please post so people with similar questions may benefit.
Was your question answered?
Mark a Best Answer!solution Icon

Special Events
FIFA World Cup 2018 on Xfinity See More
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation