Community Forum

Lied to by a rep, never was fixed.

New Poster

Lied to by a rep, never was fixed.

On June, 13th at 5:25am I started a chat on xfinity through https://www.xfinity.com/support/internet where it says chat now. (the whole chat took 4 hours and 3 reps) I had acouple questions/problems that were fixed but after that the agent convinced me to change my plan, note before I paid 191.74$ a month TOTAL after fee's, surcharges, everything. The plan he was offering was the Quad play which would be 239-240$ after everything per month but I didn't want to pay anything more than roughly 200$ or what I paid before so he said after I get security installed (the next day) I could call xfinity back and take off phone for 39-40$ so my monthly total would be 195-200$ AFTER everything. The plan I had before was triple play, phone, 400mbps down internet, and 220+ HD channels and shows, showtime, hbo, etc basically all the premier channels, the plan he sold me was the same TV lineup, gigibit internet speed (btw it's only roughly 850-925mbps not 1000mbps, that's with a harline and security and of course minus phone. Next day the first tech showed up at 10am (he only said he planned one visit from 1-3pm) so I was confused, he hooked up the internet perfectly fine then the rep called me at 12:50 something and asked if the tech was done, I said the security hasn't been installed yet so he said he'd call back in roughly 3-4 hours, security tech came and installed everything just fine. So I wait for the guy to call back, he never called so after 4.5-5 hours I call xfinity and after speaking to roughly 3 agents I get to a "loyaltly agent" which says I was given false information so she was gonna have her supervisor call me back, I recieved a call at 7am (which I wasn't up then so I missed it) so I called comcast later that day which again through 3 agents I was told I was given a false call back number for the "loyalty" department and that they'd look into it so I wait for another call back, no call so I call again and I got a nice rep in the retension? department I believe, I filled him in on the whole situation and he said he'd have his supervisor look into it and that his had access to the correct info (chat, call logs, everything) while the other departments I talked to weren't high up enough or had permission to the right information to solve my case. I recieved a call 1 or 2 days following that (I missed it again, I have 3 sleep disorders same with my mom) at roughly 12 or so, I waited because I'd though they'd call me back again and I didn't want to have to explain it another time and get no where because I know I had to wait for a call back from the right department. So now a week later I'm seriously thinking about contacting the BBB or a lawyer because we've been with you guys 28 years or more (this account is only 8 months old because we moved, I have all the infortmation for the old account as well), and your rep lied to me and it was never fixed or corrected or anything, it's fraud and I need help.

Expert

Re: Lied to by a rep, never was fixed.

Hi @jazzjohnson1

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Lied to by a rep, never was fixed.

jazzjohnson1, thanks for reaching out. FYI gigabit speeds are provisioned at up to 940mbps download on our network. 

Let's take a look at your account and get your the services you actually want. Please send me a private message with your full name, address and phone number tied to your residential services for help. Just click my name and then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!