Community Forum

Lie to get the sale

Regular Visitor

Lie to get the sale

The salesperson who came to my house repeatedly told me that she could get me 100Mbs plus TV and home security for $124 a month for 12 months which would then go up to $140 for the next 12 months of my contract. I specifically and repeatedly asked her about the speed and whether or not the quoted price included tax and she claimed that it did.

I bit, canceled my current internet and cable provider to the tune of a $140 early termination fee, and set up the install. I even served her some of the bison I had been cooking for dinner when she hinted that she would like to try it.

After a few days I discovered that my internet speed was only 75 so I texted her to ask why it wasn't the 100 speed she said I would get. She told me that performance pro is (her words) 75/100 in speed, that she often gets 105 and up to 150 and that I should conduct a few speed tests at different times of the day to see the 100 in action. It turns out that 100 isn't offered in my state at all. Performance pro is just 75. Never once has my internet speed been what she swore I would get.

A month later I learned that the promised billing amount was also a lie. Instead of the $124 with tax, my bill is $150. After calling customer service about the discrepancy I was told that they couldn't help me and I was given two numbers to use to contact her supervisor. One of those numbers does not lead to that person but the other did and I left a message that has since been unanswered. I am very disappointed by this and it has colored my entire experience with Comcast/Xfinity. I was sold a service that had no chance of being delivered and now I'm trapped for the contract duration. Your salesperson bald-face lied and I'm stuck paying for that dishonesty. 

Thanks Comcast

Official Employee

Re: Lie to get the sale

Hi BeenLiedTo, I apologize for your experiences when signing up with services.  I will send you a private message going over further account information.

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi BeenLiedTo, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

New Poster

They do lie all over the company. The marketing and sales department is directed to mislead people. It is their business conduct. Dishonesty starts at the CEO and goes all over the company. If the CEO was honest he wouldn't tolerate dishonesty. I've heard this complain from lots of people. I was lied to too. Amazing how they don't keep their word and change everything they promissed.

New Poster

I’m dealing with their reps lies right now myself. 2 months ago I was going to cancel my service. I was offered a deal. Today I found out that deal doesn’t exist. The solution is easy... pull the call. When I requested that, I was told there was no recording. Ok. More lies. I’m done with Comcast. I’ve filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. 

Official Employee

Hi Robbo1,

I can help with your billing concerns. Please send me a private message by clicking on my name, "ComcastChe" then click private message me. In the body of this message please verify your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.