Community Forum

Let me describe my horrible experience

New Poster

Let me describe my horrible experience

I've been a Comcast customer for years. In the past year, I cut cable and only use internet/streaming. I like sports and streaming is difficult with sports. So, I started streaming the DIRECTV Now app. This was 50 a month in combination with my 50 internet through Comcast. Then, I get an offer in the mail from Comcast, 70 bucks for tv and internet. I think, if this has what I want it would be cheaper than what I'm paying and better quality. I call and have 2 SPECIFIC QUESTIONS.

1) Does it have a contract

She answers no.

2) Does it have the Big Ten Network

She says she checks and answer yes.

I get the setup a few days S later. Set it up. First thing I do is go to Big Ten Network and it says I need to upgrade. So, I call to ask what's going on, there closed. So I get on their twitter again and I'm messaging with them for about a day (this is ongoing). Simply put, they say the only way I can get Big Ten Network is to do a two year contract at 90 a month, 123 after equipment fees and taxes. I do NOT want a contract. I say okay, you told me incorrect info so if you can't HONOR WHAT YOU TOLD ME and MAKE IT RIGHT, just give me my old internet package and I'll go back to streaming. They say that was a promotion and now the package is 10 more. So my call to get a better deal that they sent me and told me incorrect information about resulted in me losing my internet package and having to choose a more expe sive one.

I forgot to mention that included in this was two one hour calls to customer service, where 3 people in the first call told me I could do the 70 dollar package I oriosigned up for , add a5 sports package and get Big Ten Network. I spend more time with tech support getting it to work, she says it may take up to hour and call back tomorrow if it doesn't work. It never does. So I call back, the 2nd onehour call. Now two reps tell me that Big Ten Network is not included in the sports package. MORE WRONG INFORMATION AND WASTED TIME AND EFFORT AMONGST MYSELF AND YOUR EMPLOYEES.

So, I now start looking online and see cheaper internet deals for them. I go back to their twitter account, and they tell me that's for new customer only. So after all this, they will give a new customer a better offer than an existing customer, who they've told wrong information to time and time again, which resulted in me losing my promo offer and much wasted time and effort and more money in their pocket as I have to pay more!

Look, I understand that mistakes happen (the continuous misinformation amongst employees is pathetic though, get your story straight can't trust anything their employees say), but I get that mistakes happen. What I cannot and will not accept is that when a mistake happens, MAKE IT RIGHT! Give me the offer you told me I was getting or give me my old plan back that I would have kept until YOU TOLD ME WRONG INFORMATION. It's as simple as that, but they refuse to do so and I've never been more upset with a company.
Official Employee

Re: Let me describe my horrible experience

Hi hkahler85,

I would like to apologize for the experience you've received. I want to review your account, the offer you were told you were getting and the offers that are available to see how I can make this right. To protect the privacy of your account, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services. To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!