Community Forum

Leaving comcast

Frequent Visitor

Leaving comcast

For the past 3 years my connectivity has been going down at least once a week for 5 minutes or so at a time.  I have replaced modems, spent hours of my time on the phone with comcast over the years, and had thier technicians digging through everything.  They pronounce it fixed and ride off into the sunset.  A few days later it goes down again.

Today the modem died.  I took it to the xfinity store to replace it.  Then I spent 4 more hours of my time with people on the phone trying to get the new one to work properly.  I would be disconnected at random times and have to call back and start the process all over again.  Then one technicial labeled it fixed and rode off into the sunset.   Well it isn't properly working.  I still get random time outs on web pages and sevices to down at random times.

I'm done.  This is not a plea for any kind of assistance but I'm done.  AT&T can wire my place up now and give me faster service cjheaper. So as soon as my contract  is over in the next few weeks I'm done.

Frequent Visitor

Re: Leaving comcast

service went out at 7:20 today.  no video access on the ruko

Frequent Visitor

Was expecting a return call on the service around 7 PM.  Call never came.

Expert

This isn't real time support, and it is also primarily customer-to-customer support.  Your post has gone into a queue and will be answered in the order in which it was received.  Also note that it is a holiday weekend and employee support for the Forums is minimal so wait times may end up being longer than usual.

While waiting, please do not send an unrequested PM to anyone, including the Official Employees as that is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

This entire thread is not asking for any kind of help real time or other wise.  It is simply for documentation purpose only.   When I pull the plug in the next few weeks, I want to make sure comcast has a clear document trail as to why I'm leaving.

Several websites stopped respoinding to day.  Still no call back from comcast as expected.  I was able to route around the issue using a vpn.  By avoiding as much of the comcast infrastructure things work fine. 

Frequent Visitor

Wifi went out this morning.  Came back on a few hours later.  Got the same call saying all was fixed.  Just had several more web services time out on me for no reason.  Back to using a vpn to get around the comcast incompatance. 

Frequent Visitor

Wifi went down 15 minutes ago.   No reponse from comcast on the issue.

Frequent Visitor

I've been gone a week on a business trip.  Reported the issue again Tuesday morning before leaving.     Came home just now and the issue is still present. 

Frequent Visitor

Made another call to Comcast this morning asking why the technician wasn't sent out here like they said they would Tuesday.  Someone was home, I was just out of town.  No excuse was give just the usual song and dance.  Promised to send someone out Sunday even aftet I stated that no one would be home so don't bother.   Just got a message saying my technician will be on site tomorrow.  Trying to decide if I want to call them back and tell them nobody will be home or just let them scratch at the door.

But the end is in sight.  I signed up for AT&T fibre today.  They will be on site Monday afternoon to preform the install. 

Official Employee

Hi @jwhyche

Thanks for posting to the Xfinity Forums. I'm sorry about your experience and for the delayed response, you've received from us. I wanted to follow up with you to see if a tech came and was able to get this resolved or not? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Yes,  technial service came out and solved all my issues.  The technicain was from AT&T now I have fiber which is 5 times faster, at a quarter the cost,  with a thousand times the reliablity.