Community Forum

Last attempt to get corrected billing after cancellation of service

New Poster

Last attempt to get corrected billing after cancellation of service

I requested cancellation of my service online on August 29th (I saved a screen capture acknowledging that the request had been received and any changes would be effective that date).  On September 11, I received a notice of a bill due.  I called and spoke to a representative (have name and time) and told her of my previous request to cancel the service, etc.  She attempted to transfer me to the cancellation department, but their computers were down.  She offered to try them again later that afternoon and call me back before she got off, and she did this but could only tell me that the computers were still down.  She was going to call me back the next day and try to help me pursue this, but I never heard back from her.  I have since talked to multiple other customer service reps on 09-14-17, 09-15-17, and 09-20-17.  Each time I was told that my service would be cancelled as of the 08-29-17 date and that I'd receive a prorated bill for service *only* through that date.  Each time I waited on the promised changes, but have yet (as of 10-04-17) to receive a corrected bill to pay.  Stopped by the local office on, I believe, 09-26-17, to again try to get this corrected. Still hasn't happened.  I've gone from "I might consider Comcast services in the future" to very nearly "never, ever again!"  I've spent (wasted) hours trying to get this corrected so I can pay the final amount and be done with this whole thing, and it's extremely frustrating at this point.  As a side note, on 09-20-17 (during all this time attempting to get this corrected) I did a Google search on "Comcast billing after cancellation"m which returned with 3,170,000 hits for this search (I saved this screen capture as well).  It appears the problem is real, widespread, and ongoing.  I'd like my billing situation to be corrected, but I also think Comcast should seriously address this type of problem. 

Official Employee

Re: Last attempt to get corrected billing after cancellation of service

Hello GG15. I can assist with reviewing your account balance and the final billing dates. Please send me a private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can assist you.