Community Forum

Landscaping front and want cable line moved

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Landscaping front and want cable line moved

I am trying to find out how to get the TV cable in my yard rerouted for some planned landscaping but can find NO information about that and NO information about how to request it. I cannot find any way to contact a person to request it.

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Landscaping front and want cable line moved

@esim wrote:

I am trying to find out how to get the TV cable in my yard rerouted for some planned landscaping but can find NO information about that and NO information about how to request it. I cannot find any way to contact a person to request it.

Your cable line should be buried in the easement.  Does it cross your yard in some way?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

I'm not sure what an easement is - it's not on the park strip along the street, if that's what that is. The cable is buried in the yard.

Highlighted
Expert

@esim wrote:

I'm not sure what an easement is - it's not on the park strip along the street, if that's what that is. The cable is buried in the yard.

I will ask again.  Does the cable cross your property in any way?  Like on a diagonal? 

This article gives a good description of an easement.  Technically, the easement allows for utilities to lay their lines, be it gas, electric, water, sewer, phone, cable, etc.  The easement usually surrounds all four sides of your property at the edge, and can be anywhere from 2' to 5' or 6'.  If you build or plant on this easement and the utility needs to access their line, they are allowed to dig up or remove the encumbrance in order to access their line.  You can sometimes get a waiver to allow you to place a building or landscaping over the easement, but it's not always a good idea.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No, it's definitely not in an easement. The cable is going through the main section of my yard. Even if they HAD to put it there it seems it should be along the house or sidewalk.  But it is not.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hi esim, thank you for taking the time out of your day to create a post. I'd be happy to get someone scheduled to move the cable line for your yard project. To get started on this could you please send me a private message with your full name and street address by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then click "Send a message"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.