Community Forum

Lack of transparency

Regular Visitor

Lack of transparency

Clearly I am not the only one here that is enormously frustrated at the lack of transparency when it comes to pricing and services. Is there no place to see the options (channels, internet speed, bundles) in a format that allows us to make informed decisions? Even when people ask relevant questions on this so-called "Community Forum", we are told to send a private message.

Official Employee

Re: Lack of transparency

Hello!

Thank you for posting your question on the forums. The reason we ask for a private message is that we need your personal account information to see what is available in your specific areas and based on individual customer's accounts.  

I would be more than happy to look into your account and help with any questions pertaining to your account. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Yes, I  realize that specifics do matter on a certain level, but that does not preclude listing basic information in a way that services can be compared. Comcast is aggressively marketing to get new customers or expand exisiting accounts while raising prices for the rest of us. I especially object to being told that I have to include a landline (triple play) when I don't want it, because it "costs" more to provide just cable and internet. That is what Comcast CHARGES because it can get away with it. "Cost" is entirely different. 

Frequent Visitor

When I was trying to hunt down the Broadcast Fee and Regional Sports Fee that were not mentioned by the associate nor in the account summary that I signed. I ended up having to go directly to the government site for my city. Maybe your city has one too...

https://www.seattle.gov/tech/services/cable-service/cable-and-internet-rates