Community Forum

Keep Getting Stood Up By Comcast

Frequent Visitor

Keep Getting Stood Up By Comcast

Does anyone else get the same type of customer service as me?

Wednesday night 3/7/18 I lost all service during the storm. Upon waking up Thursday morning I discovered that the cable running from the utility pole to my house had broken. Thus the reason for loss of service. I called Comcast to report this and was told the earliest someone can come out to fix it is Sunday. So I call back Friday to see if any earlier appointments have opened up. I am told that a tech will come out between 9-10 pm that Friday night. So Friday night passes by and no tech ever shows up. So I call on Saturday morning to find out if someone will be coming by since they never showed up Friday night. I am told someone will definitely be there on Saturday. Saturday afternoon rolls around and the xfinity truck parks across the street to work on the utility pole and neighbors house. I assume they will be at my house next. Wrong, they finished up and left. So I call customer service yet again to find out what happened. I am told they will be back between 8-10 Saturday night. Needless to say , they did not show up Saturday night. I will call back today and probably be promised again that they will be out to fix it. Only to be stood up again.
We have been loyal customers since 1988. I understand that the last two storms have done a lot of damage and it is difficult to get all these repairs completed. I just don’t like being told repeatedly that xfinity will be out on that day and nobody shows up or even bothers to call and inform us that they can’t make it. My patience is wearing thin. If Fios was available in my town, I probably would have called them by now.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Keep Getting Stood Up By Comcast

Same here. Similar damage, still waiting. Worried a bit because wires are in neighbors tree and, I think, on some powerlines. Even if they are too busy to do full repair you'd think someone would check to make sure they are safe.

Expert

@DJHalfa 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Frequent Visitor

Update from earlier response... did an online support chat with an agent this morning. Have again been promised some one will be here today (which is what they have been saying since Thursday afternoon). National Grid stopped on street and seemed to be looking at lines -- maybe to see if cable lines were touching power ones? Not sure if that was prompted by Comcast, a neighbor, or what. 

Still no word from Comcast/Xfinity directly -- except for online chat I initiated this morning -- have not seen one of their trucks at this end of street at all.

And I wanted to also say, I agree with you, storm damage happens, crews get overworked. So just say that. Making and blowing off appointments is a pain -- it should not be unreasonable to expect a straight answer. Honestly have never considered Dish or anything else, have always been with Comcast...and over all they have been fine. But this is giving me doubts too.

Frequent Visitor

Thank you. Will update again only if/when status changes, otherwise, still waiting. No calls, texts, email, or trucks so far.

Tags (1)
Frequent Visitor

So here is today’s update so far:
Spoke to Comcast on the phone this morning. I was told technician would be out today by 1:30. Of course 1:30 rolls by without a technician visit or a phone call. So I call back Comcast again around 2pm. This time I am told that a manager will call me back within 2 hours. Also, they will do everything in their power to repair the line today. However, it may not be repaired until tomorrow.

I will reply back if anything changes.
Frequent Visitor

Same thing is happening to me! Why the lies. It only makes customers angrier.
Frequent Visitor

That is truly the only thing I am angry about. The call center agents have been absolutely polite and are only telling me what they have been told to say. It is just a bummer they have been told to say what we want to hear to make us end the call, instead the truth.

For the most part, Comcast has every other sort of contact info for us and they know who has service and who doesn't. Send out robo-calls/texts and explain the situation, it would make all the difference. 

Frequent Visitor

Agreed
Frequent Visitor

Just a quick update to my situation from yesterday. After my last call to Comcast I was told a supervisor would be calling me back in two hours. Of course, this did not happen. So I called back after waiting two and a half hours. This person I spoke to told me that there is no way to place outgoing calls from their call center, so the previous agent should not have told me a supervisor would call me back. Whatever, so I was told that I am on their list for Sunday and I should expect someone by 10pm that night. Of course, nobody showed up last night or called to say they would not make it out.
I have not called back yet this morning. Although I can say with certainty the answer will be “you are on the list for today and someone will be out there by 10pm tonight”. That is the same lie I have been told since Friday.

Comcast has failed customer service relations and common decency.
Official Employee

Hello @DJHalfa. Thanks for creating a thread, and documenting your issues while experiencing the Storm and the sever weather conditions. Our crews have been working very hard to get as many lines as possible in your area repaired. We apologize yours has not yet been completed. We also want to apologize that you've been made false promises. I can offer to check your account and request an update from our local tech ops team, regarding your line. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name, service address, and account number so I can access your account.

Frequent Visitor

No change here still. Appointment for restoring outside wires was from 7am to 10 pm last night but again no dice. And really, I would not have felt good about anyone on a ladder or a pole in the dark -- work lights or no. It is cable afterall and not oxygen (some days it feels like both though).

Online chat person this morning claimed I am not answering my phone and that might be why no one came this weekend. Quoted my cellphone to me but there was no contact from Comcast in my history (except for a verification initiated by me and the alert that service had been restored in my area). However, I can see there was a call this morning to my Comcast phone that is out of service because of wires. Sigh.

Called an agent after that. She was great. Apologized, explained the crew situation, how the appointments roll over -- and that I was not skipped because I did not answer my phone). It also helped that she was local, so she understood weather issues in real time. She said I am on the list again for today -- fingers crossed with another storm brewing.

Hope one of us sees them soon then we'll know the rest should be due. Cheers!

Frequent Visitor

Hi there!

I hold out hope for you!  I came home from work today and line was fixed.

Again,  the issue was the way they kept promising daily fixes.  I absolutely could have accepted an honest explanation that there was so much storm damage they were looking at several days to fix it.

Hope you are back to normal soon!

Frequent Visitor

Hurrah!

I did speak to a nice person today who did not try to bluff me. She was honest and great to speak with and I am sitting tight.

Hoped it would be today -- guess there is still a chance.

Take good care as next storm creeps up!

Frequent Visitor

A very nice dispatcher and two excellent tech guys later -- and we are up and running.

Frequent Visitor

Great news!