Community Forum

Just answer the bloody question!

Contributor

Just answer the bloody question!

Why Can't ANYONE Just Just answer the bloody question? I know it has been answered, BUT Xfinity/Comcast HIDES IT! I have read every page concerning the Reset the Companion Cable Box to the Factory Defaults. The "Check for Best Answer" is CHECKED and the "Reply" is disabled. I suppose someone is going to tell me the Problem is with my PC.

So, WHY HIDE THE ANSWERS? Is someone only being paid per Questions Answered?

I think my $200+ per month Entitles me to the Answers.

If I cannot get Answers to MY Questions, maybe the Answers should be Posted where than can be easily found. 

By the by, it has been MONTHS waiting for my Answers!

Expert

Re: Just answer the bloody question!

@hmaerz6 wrote:

Why Can't ANYONE Just Just answer the bloody question? I know it has been answered, BUT Xfinity/Comcast HIDES IT! I have read every page concerning the Reset the Companion Cable Box to the Factory Defaults. The "Check for Best Answer" is CHECKED and the "Reply" is disabled. I suppose someone is going to tell me the Problem is with my PC.

So, WHY HIDE THE ANSWERS? Is someone only being paid per Questions Answered?

I think my $200+ per month Entitles me to the Answers.

If I cannot get Answers to MY Questions, maybe the Answers should be Posted where than can be easily found. 

By the by, it has been MONTHS waiting for my Answers!

customers do not normally want nor need a reset. can you explain why you want it reset to factory condition? That process is done when the boxes return to the warehouse for refurbishment. If you are having a problem please say if you have X1 service or xfinity service and state the problem you are having. 

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Contributor

Your kidding... Right? All Reminders are Set to do what's Expected.

1) All Reminders have been moved from the Smaller xfinity Box to the Larger xfinity Box. I didn't Set them that way. When I try to Add or Modify a Reminder on the Smaller Box, I get "Sorry, we're having some trouble The Reminder Service is currently unavailable. We are working quickly to resolve the issue. Please try again in a few minutes. XRE-06030" 

"Working Quickly" must be Code for Don't Hold Your Breath, because it's been months.

2) At the same time, the Caller ID stopped showing up.

3) When did CMT become a Pay Channel?

4) I have the Menu/Guide SET TO "Free To Me", but when I check it by Double pressing the "Guide" Button on the Remote, it comes up on the "Set Your Guide View" and as "HD Channels". The Guide shows HD Channels. It doesn't Always help to Reset it.

This Issue is Intermittent.

This Issue is No Longer Intermittent. It is Constant.

Expert

I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi hmaerz6, 

I can help address your equipment issues. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

Contributor

To what end? So someone can tell me to;

1) Shut Off the Cable Box for 10 seconds and Switch it back On?

2) Unplug Same for one minute and plug it back in?

3) Tighten (Finger Tight) the Cable Wires?

3b) Loosen Said Wiires?

How is all that going to get the Reminders, the on Screen Caller ID, and keep the "Select Your Guide View" Cable Guide Option to "Free to Me"?

I still get "All Reminders have been moved from the Smaller xfinity Box to the Larger xfinity Box. I didn't Set them that way. When I try to Add or Modify a Reminder on the Smaller Box, I get "Sorry, we're having some trouble The Reminder Service is currently unavailable. We are working quickly to resolve the issue. Please try again in a few minutes. XRE-06030".

Contributor

You know, sometimes One can figure things out. After an intensive and exhausting search (Over MONTHS) I found out ONE (1) thing about ONE (1) Issue and it's XRE- Code.

Want to hazard a guess? Give it a go.

No? Are you sure?

The "Code" is Fictitous. It's a Fake, Fabricated, Phony. It Doesn't Exist. ANYWHERE.

Someone associated with Xfinity/Comcast is pulling something... Odd.

How much should I deduct from my Bill per month for this and the rest of the Issues and malfunctions.

Official Employee

Hi, hmaerz6 - I can take a look at your reminder issue if you send me a private message with your full name, the account holder's name and address as it listed on the billing statement, a phone or an account number. Otherwise, we won't be able to help. The error message you get (XRE-06030) indicates that reminder scheduling service is down and I actually see why. 

Click on my name ComcastElla, then click Private Message Me.

Contributor

Just answer the bloody questions!

Since I can't "Reply" (It appears) I'm Blocked. Why can't ANYONE Just answer the bloody questions! Exactly How hard is it?

If the Question(s) are that difficult, how much should I deduct from my $200 + per month Bill? You aren't the Water Dept.. Only they can get away with interupting Services, and Still Demand and Get Full Payment. Otherwise they Shut It Off.