Community Forum

Just Bought a House - Neighbors Have Comcast Service - Comcast Says Sorry You're Not Serviceable

New Poster

Just Bought a House - Neighbors Have Comcast Service - Comcast Says Sorry You're Not Serviceable

Called in today to transfer my service to my new house I just bought. Turns out there is no service there. I checked with a rep today and a neighbor that is 170ft away from me has Comcast, and another 330ft away has it as well.

There was a servicability request from 2010 that was still open on the account that had not been dealt with. The notes were deleted from it. Seems like Comcast has skipped my address. The rep I talked to today said he'd put in a second servicability request but I don't have a lot of faith in that going anywhere.

There is a franchise agreement in place with the City

It states that Comcast will offer services to all areas of the city and to any residence requesting service. There are a few stipulations regarding home density in the area, however In drops in excess of 125 ft there is an option for me to foot the bill for the cable running or share the cost with Comcast. 

I'd like to have someone out to survey the site and give me a quote on how to make this happen. I've already contacted the city to assist in this matter as my phone calls today didn't sound promising.

Expert

Re: Just Bought a House - Neighbors Have Comcast Service - Comcast Says Sorry Your'e Not Serviceable

The link you provided says “Time Warner Cable”

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Re: Just Bought a House - Neighbors Have Comcast Service - Comcast Says Sorry Your'e Not Serviceable

They agreed to abide by the TW franchise agreement. I talked to the City about it. 

That's besides the point though. Bottom line is who do I contact to get them out to actually live up to their agreement? Customer support is not helpful in making this happen. 

Expert

Saw your original post before you edited it. They never merged. TWC merged with Charter to form Spectrum.

On the other hand, I have escalated your issue to a Comcast Employee to further assist.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Expert

@jweaver0312 wrote:
The link you provided says “Time Warner Cable”

And is 15 years old.  [The agreement was set to expire in 15 years, btw.]

You say that you have neighbors that are 170 ft and 330 ft away that have Comcast and there was a serviceability request from 2010 that was never followed through.  You also say that you would foot the bill if a connection can be made.  It sounds as though you would need another serviceability request made.

Expert

@businesspilot @jweaver0312 

I added an escalation to jweaver0312's to request a serviceability survey.

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

Official Employee

Re: Just Bought a House - Neighbors Have Comcast Service - Comcast Says Sorry You're Not Serviceable

Hello, businesspilot! Thank you for reaching out to us via Xfinity Forum. The link you have provided says Time Warner and it's a different provider. We are happy to submit a new serviceability request. Please send us a message with your first and last name, full address, phone number.

Click on our handle Comcast_Support, then click Send a message.  

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.