Community Forum

Junction Box, Erroneous levels, low bonded channels.

New Poster

Junction Box, Erroneous levels, low bonded channels.

I reached out last week to have a tech come look at our signal. Both down and up stream signals were all over the place. For example, We have 24 channels, the highest power level would be something like +5.5dBmv and the lowest would be -12dBmv. The rest of the channels would fall randomly between those two values. Upstream was sort of similar, but less drastic. The tech did his job, and our downstream levels improved greatly. All sat around 1dBmv with a range of +/- 1dBmv. 4 Upstream channels with the power being exactly 54 dBmv at the time of boot. 

Last night something must've happend because our singals are not looking great. I spoke with chat support today, they did the usual signal send and what not. Here's what their looking like now. The first photo is the levels, the second is what the Junction Box is looking like. From the dmarc, it goes right into a 6 way splitter. However, when I asked the comcast guy to clean the dead ends and cables, I'm not so certain he complied. Some tennants here have AT&T but their cables are run under the building and through a telephony patch panel.

At the end of the day, I'm left questioning the professionalism of the techs. This wouldn't be half as bad if when new cables are run, that the old ones are removed approriately.  This is at a 2 apartment property, which is family owned. I happen to just be renting a unit from ourselves. My official title here is IT Manager, In the future I plan on having the dmarc run into a common area and eliminate indiviual services for each unit and instead use a biz line and some layer 3 switching to control it ourselves. 

Who can I actually reach that will promise to get this mess cleaned up?

Capture.PNGLevelsIMG_1643.JPGJunction