Community Forum

It's me again, Oct. 2019 15 dollar speed increase fee

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

It's me again, Oct. 2019 15 dollar speed increase fee

Yep, I am the guy on auto pay who after a few months, checked my bill and saw the 15 dollar fee increase. I can't find my old message here.  I got an email saying it is increased at no extra charge but immediately my bills show the speed increase fee of 15 dollars.

I read articles stating it would be free increase, one was by Engadget, I saw other articles.

I read another article saying That is what Xfinity does, increase fees and saying it was for other things and not the speed increase.  My bill says  Speed Increase $15 . In my message in Billing area I asked if there was something rotten in Denmark about this, evidently there is. 

Glossary-Something rotten in Denmark - it comes from Hamlet.  It's often used to mean that something is fundamentally wrong with an organisation or situation, usually with an implication of corruption or skulduggery.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: It's me again, Oct. 2019 15 dollar speed increase fee

Hi there, @Larry1229.

I know it has been a while since you made this post but I wanted to reach out to you and touch base. 

When this shows up on your bill, the promotional pricing has ended. The Speed increase is not an increase to your service speed. It is a bolt-on that was included under the promotion for a specific amount of time. 

I would love to help and look into new options for you if you would like. Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Maybe quit sending me emails saying you just got a speed increase at no extra cost.  Maybe quit increasing my speed so it won't break my budget?

Highlighted
Official Employee

I understand where you are coming from. 

We do issue free speed increases for our customers at times in the year. This would be, for example, a speed that was 200 MBPS going to 300 MBps but still keeping the name of that said internet speed. 

Our promotional pricing is for 12 to 24 months. After that agreement ends is when you will see the charge change. We would never change your services and charge more unless approved by our customers. 

If you have any other questions on your bill, please let me know. I would love to explain. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!