Community Forum

It is criminal to take unauthorized payments

Frequent Visitor

It is criminal to take unauthorized payments

This is the final time I am doing this...I have spent over 6 hours trying to work with customer service anyone to get this straight...I NEVER authorized auto pay on my account...in fact I made at least 2 want to say 3 calls to have it turned off to be assured it would be first time, then told my stuff had to update to show that it was turned off....on the last call I made it completely clear on tape that any auto pay was not authorized and that I would not be held responsible for fees or charges if they tried to....well last month my son used he's work debt card to pay my bill so y'all just turned around and took it out again....which makes it an unauthorized theft....plan and simple theft...when I found out this had happened I once again called and was once again assured that it would be turned off and the money refunded to my account...this was on 9/13 so I patiently waited till Tuesday evening to call bank...only to be told once again xfinity had not done what they said they would do....funny to is they couldn't find the 9/13 call...but I have it if y'all need it....so then I once again try to resolve this problem with customer support online of course only believe this or not I know it....my Wi-Fi shut off right when I started bring up unauthorized and such....then another hour or so with technical support to get back on....just the internet mind you tv and all else was fine....then I couldn't get back in online chat on that device...had to change devices to get in to them....only to be told I owed it so basically ruff deal for you....it was just due not past due or anything and I watch cops to....just cause someone owes you doesn't give you the right to take it heard it a hundred times....then I was disconnected once again from online chat....well like I told them I am not playing about this....I don't know how many others you got with this little auto pay thing...but this one took steps to keep this from happening and I never authorized an anto pay...the evidence is my repeated calls for this not to happen....the fact and I wish y'all would listen....I made it completely clear that any auto pay was not authorized....it was even taking out of someone's account that's not even a customer...ooh I was assured he's card would be removed and all...no one until tonite has done what they assured me they would...and really when they did turn it off and I know they did cause after I was discounted the second time and tried to get back in my account I spent 20 minutes trying to get around the auto pay cheap again....I have been a long time customer and the money that I've paid to get treated this way....to be stolen from, lied to "repeatedly" then told ruff...or there was something about filing a ticket or something then maybe ...no what y'all done is criminal it is theft....I have an app that records my calls to...I know its not really concern to y'all but I went thru the trouble I did for it not to happen cause I'm disabled and my income is limited and I have to watch what I do with my money....I know y'all could less that's been made clear to me anyway....but I've had to go without and borrow money over this waiting for my refund...only to be told we are keeping it cause you owed it....that don't work on cops....but the fact I went above and beyond to keep it from happening is some indication of how badly this has affected my life....I pay good money for my service was paying 250 for years and get this kind of treatment and sadly enough by customer support....really what a joke there was no support giving I was disconnected from the services that y'all stole money to pay for because I was complaining and being jerked around by customer support....I want this refunded now I don't care whatever Caro your going to try and tell me....I made it clear on tape it was not authorized or to be taking out...really after all this nd with y'all in ready to take my copies if all the non support I received tonite and discuss it with a lawyer and I see on your forums I'm not the only one that there auto pay just turned on and wouldn't turn off either....but this one took steps before hand repeadly...it's not my fault your employees didn't follow thru or lied...its not my fault...I did what I was suppose to do and I expect you to do the same in return....really the only one doing what they said they'd do was me by paying my bill wasn't past due or nothing....I am trying hard to get this done but this is my last attempt I have went above and beyond to get this fixed and my next stop is a lawyer...in not that type of person but y'all have really went above and beyond to prove that y'all could care less....you can not turn on your on auto pay and then take unauthorized money from people its criminal....I never clicked the box or anything and I have proof I did what I should to keep it from happening ....so someone needs to get back to me about this very soon ....I am irate and its not going to get better till thus is resolved....I'm done
Frequent Visitor

Re: It is criminal to take unauthorized payments

Just an update...I've have tried every single avenue available to get fixed....even under social responsibilities in about Comcast it states if we fall short well make it right....that's all I am asking instead I'm being left on hold here, not called back there, disconnected from my services to get Reid of me, just flat out disconnected from my online chat, in being ignored here...I really don't see any making it right going on....I have been patent I have done things I didn't have to so this won't happen.....even told it shows the credit card it was taking from was authorized for a one time payment....like I said....I've been ignored, pushed around, lied to and just stolen from....just to be told in a few different ways tuff...I've been reassured of so many things that where either not true or to get off the line....
Frequent Visitor

And here I still am....been lied to and reassured of a few more lies... Over something so simply a simple refund of an unauthorized payment off a card that was authorized for a once use only... What really upsets me here is the total lack of sympathy for the situation I've been put in after taking steps for it not to happen... I know 176 whatever it's not that much well it is that much....being told I turned it on myself I want proof...even if I did I still followed their policies to cancel it...I just don't understand why after I did the right things here that Comcast is refusing to do the right thing on there end...and after all the calls and all the reassurance that auto pay is turned off now....I just received a text stating my next payment is scheduled for 10/08 why would I receive this if its off..after I have tried everything available to get this fixed..for them to live up to the social responsibilities they have posted on site..."if we fall short..well make it right" ...there isn't nothing right about what I've had to go thru the last 12 hours...for what I'm having to do now to feed my family and the fact I have to go ask for help from my family to survive now for another 10 days because they couldn't or woukdnt do the right thing....now the girl that called my bank...she tried to help...and the supervusor on technical support last night at 3 am now he really tried to...and those two deserve s props ... And I thank them for trying but here u am with my money gone 12 hours of my life wasted and apparently my auto pay is still on...really this has to be some really bad joke
Expert

Your issue has been escalated to the Comcast Team available to the Forums. A member of that team will reply to your post as quickly as they are able, so check back often.

In the meantime, please do not send a PM to an Official Employee unless requested because it is against the Forum Guidelines and the Acceptable Use Policy. You can read about our PM Policy here.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Greetings, Dixie818! I appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us here on the forums. I hope you are having an amazing day. We can't apologize enough to hear of the situation you have been through and certainly appreciate your patience. This is not the experience we want for you and would like to see what we can do to resolve this issue. Can you please send us a PM with your first and last name so we may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click the name "Comcast_Support" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Official Employee

Dixie818, Thanks for reaching out to us for support on this issue and I'm glad we were able to work together to get you some more information about the situation and what the best next steps would be.  Please don't hesitate to reach back out to us at any time if you need assistance again in the future. We are always here to help.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.