Community Forum

Issue with XFinity Mobile Website

New Poster

Issue with XFinity Mobile Website

XFinity does not make it very easy to report issues to someone who can actually fix it, so I am trying to do that here. You really should fix the issue with your website and allow people to put a PO Box in under the billing address. It looks like the web developer reused the field validation from the shipping in the billing address form. Billing addresses should validate PO boxes. The complexity involved in getting a mobile phone through XFinity makes me wonder what kind of drama I will be put through with porting the number over from another carrier. 

Details of the 45 minutes that I wasted today:

I am a current Internet customer who is (was... I think I give up) attempting to get a mobile phone through XFinity. Everything was great until I got to the screen to pay. I do not ever bill my credit cards to my street address because it is a high identity theft risk I am not willing to take. I entered my street address for shipping, and when I entered my credit card and attempted to enter to my PO Box as my billing address, it error out saying it can't ship to a PO Box.

I first attempted chat, but they really don't have the access to do much of anything and couldn't help with either reporting the issue with the website or completing my order. They suggested I call my bank and change my credit cards billing address to my street address for long enough to place the order. That was a ridiculous suggestion, so I attempted to call customer service to get phone help. They couldn't help with the website issue, but they were going to take my order over the phone. That was a struggle due to having a difficult time communicating with the customer service agent. She required my social security number to process it. I am pretty sure I was sent offshore for that call, so I wasn't comfortable with giving that information over the phone (I've been through the identity theft nightmare before). Now they are saying that I have to go into a store to take care of this. The closest one is not very close to me and is not opened convenient hours with my work schedule. I am thinking the savings is not worth it!