Community Forum

Is this wire on telephone pole the cable wire or something else?

New Poster

Is this wire on telephone pole the cable wire or something else?

I have been trying to get this low wire on the telephone pole raised. I have had several people from Comcast come out and the last tech said it was the cable wire. They set up the Construction Team to come out to raise it as it was hanging very low especially in front of my neighbors driveway. (9 feet?) Was hit several times by delievery trucks.) The Construction crew determined it is not the cable line, which I believe is incorrect. Verizon came out and raised their wires which were also low but not as low as this one. It is not the power line. Can you look at the pic of the low wire and what appears to be a cable amplifier box that it goes into and tell me if this is indeed a cable wire, and if not what it might be so I know who to call next? amplifier that low wire goes to.jpgthe box the actual wire goes into.cracked pole showing low wire.jpegthe cracked pole showing the box and the low wirepic from internet a cable wire with similar amplifier.jpegjust a pic from interenet of a cable wire that was labeled as such that looks like ourspicture of cable amplifier from internet.jpgpic from internet of a cable amplifier that looks like ourspole with arrow to wire in question.jpgour actual pole showing the wire in question

amplifier that low wire goes to.jpg
Official Employee

Re: Is this wire on telephone pole the cable wire or something else?

Hello kenatisag, I can assist you with getting a tech crew out to look into this for you. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!