Community Forum

Is the XB7 available?

Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Is the XB7 available?

I would like to replace my XB6; rental goes up next month, so I would like to upgrade if it is the same rental.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Is the XB7 available?

I want one too.

https://www.dslreports.com/forum/r32469291-Equip-New-XB7-Technicolor-CGM4331COM-Wireless-AX-Wi-Fi-6

From what I’ve gathered from there it’s only select markets currently.

Xfinity xFi Gateway 3rd generation. Available only as a pro install right now as part of a limited market trial. It’ll be launched nationally in 2020.

Test markets:
Greater Chicago region: gigabit, extreme pro and extreme speeds
Greater Boston: Gigabit, Extreme Pro and Blast!
Mountain West area of west Division: Gigabit, Extreme Pro and Blast! Pro

Not sure if it changed from the time the post was made.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Silver Problem Solver

Thank you for that information.

I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

apparently they should be available (publicly) by the end of the month (as per articles I see online) and I plan to switch to one
Here’s the link https://www.theverge.com/platform/amp/2020/1/6/21035595/comcast-wifi-6-new-router-gateway-xfi-advanc...
Highlighted
Expert

From the latest I heard, is that they just started the trials for the XB7 and they may not be fully available yet until about mid to late 2020

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

I was chatting with an online rep. I asked about the xb7 and he/she said it was available that they could either email to me for 15 dollars (which I declined) or it would be available for pick up at my nearest store . When I drove to the store the person helping me looked confused and said she didnt know when the were getting any
Highlighted
New Poster

Xfinity customer service told me it was available at my local store after I drove to the store the rep. said she didn't even hear aboutxb7 and did not have any information.  Xfinity is good about increasing prices but provide mediocre

@Jtal88 wrote:
I was chatting with an online rep. I asked about the xb7 and he/she said it was available that they could either email to me for 15 dollars (which I declined) or it would be available for pick up at my nearest store . When I drove to the store the person helping me looked confused and said she didnt know when the were getting any

service.

Highlighted
New Poster

I have friends within Comcast and I've been trying to get my hands on the XB-7 modem myself here in Michigan. From everything I know, its not in mass-market yet, its getting rolled out in stages in different areas. They said that it will be sometime in the 1st quarter of 2020 (By March at the latest). I also heard from my friend and also a rep at the local Xfinity store that they should be getting some in about the 3rd week of January!
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Just got one ordered today 

live in boca Raton Florida 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Did you order by phone? Let me know if you receive the XB7
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

No I did it through chat customer service, send it to me should be here 3-5 days...

Highlighted
New Poster

I'm betting they sent you an XB6.  That's what happened to me the last time I ordered an upgraded modem.

@MAttHEATLifer wrote:

No I did it through chat customer service, send it to me should be here 3-5 days...

Highlighted
New Poster

I just chatted with an Xfinity agent who said the xb7 will be available within a month.
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Did the modem come to you yet? And was it and XB6 or XB7?
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Still haven't arrived yet will let you know once it does 

Highlighted
New Poster

Have you received the xb7 yet?
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Which Plans will XB7 Be allowed to rent for?

Extreme Pro

Extreme 300

Gigiabit?  

Read in another forum only for Gig+ speeds,  i hope thats not the case as so anxious to replace my older Rental Arris TG1682G gateway with  nice XB7 i so hope in the future

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Any plan over 300 megs if I’m not mistaken however they could at first limit it to gig speed! Due to supply if they don’t have enough
Highlighted
Contributor

When is the new xfi gateway router with WiFi 6 coming out?

Anyone know when the new xfi gateau router with WiFi is gonna be released? Hear at end of January. Anyone have it yet?