Community Forum

Is it common for the retention department to offer a deal that is good for only 1 day?

Regular Visitor

Is it common for the retention department to offer a deal that is good for only 1 day?

I had a sad experience over the last 2 days.  I called the retention number yesterday to discuss my service since I am over subscribed to services now with the Premier bundle and need to downgrade.   I had a nice rep present me with an option to change to the HD Preferred Extra XF package.   She sent me an email to show the changes that would occur and quoted my what my new bill would be.  I could accept it immediately or call back the next day after reviewing with my wife.  When I called back today, the reps could not honor what I had in writing the previous day.  I was shocked that they couldn't locate or honor the stated changes.  I am a long time Comcast customer with two accounts.  I hope my escalation doesn't go unanswered on this matter.  I have proof of the price on that package.  Geoff

Official Employee

Re: Is it common for the retention department to offer a deal that is good for only 1 day?

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

Regular Visitor

Re: Is it common for the retention department to offer a deal that is good for only 1 day?

Hi Shane,

Sadly no reply from Comcast management on this.  I am happy to share my details and proof of the offer which was given one day and told it wasn't existing the next day.  How do I send a private message to you. Geoff