Community Forum

Is Special Offer Phone Call a Scam?

Highlighted
New Poster

Is Special Offer Phone Call a Scam?

I received a phone call from (404) 266-3250 claiming that they were Comcast/Xfinity and asking whether I was interested in a special offer.  They knew my name, cell phone number, email address, how much I pay per month, my length of contract, and roughly how long I've been a subscriber.  They would not, however, email me the special offer so that I could review it in writing.  Is this a scam or a legitimate phone call?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Is Special Offer Phone Call a Scam?

@Synology wrote:

I received a phone call from (404) 266-3250 claiming that they were Comcast/Xfinity and asking whether I was interested in a special offer.  They knew my name, cell phone number, email address, how much I pay per month, my length of contract, and roughly how long I've been a subscriber.  They would not, however, email me the special offer so that I could review it in writing.  Is this a scam or a legitimate phone call?

As a matter of principal; I just hang up on calls such as this. It is more than likely an outside party contracted to up-sell and gets a comission for doing it.

The "down-side" is that you will loose any "grandfathered channels" by changing service (a computer bug.). Best place to make changes is in-person at a local service center, or calling for changes when you really need, or want them.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Expert

I thought it was interesting that I just received an unsolicited call from someone (foreign accent) claiming to be from Direct TV. Number was not listed as from Direct TV.

I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Highlighted
New Poster

I just received a similar call only it was from the actual Xfinity Customer Service number (800) 934-6489. They said they could reduce my internet service to an amount that is more than I'm currently paying, when I asked them why would I accept a "reduced" charge that is more than I'm paying they hung up! Surely a scam!!

Highlighted
Expert

You can opt out of Comcast solicitations here: https://pc2.mypreferences.com/Comcast/OptOut/Default.aspx and you can opt out of Comcast email solicitations here: https://pc2.mypreferences.com/Comcast/OptDown/opt-down

Highlighted
New Poster

I just got a call from this number also. Area code said atlanta Georgia and they knew some things about my account and I gave them some of my info. Am I safe????
Highlighted
Expert

@A121 wrote:
I just got a call from this number also. Area code said atlanta Georgia and they knew some things about my account and I gave them some of my info. Am I safe????

NO!!!

Depending on what information you gave them, they will keep calling , or worse.

Didn't you read what we posted here?

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

@A121
You can call in and see if you were called and if there are notes on your accounts

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

just got this call today.  didnt hear phone ring so i didnt answer it. no voicemail = you dont want me to call you back in my book so i always ignore them. now i know to block so they cant call back