Community Forum

Is Comcast really the most hated company in US?

New Poster

Is Comcast really the most hated company in US?

If the answer to my question is to be derived from my own experience (I am Comcast customer for well over 10 years) - the answer would be a categorical YES, and I am not being facetious. Here is my horror story describing my obviously bad decision to move from Washington State to Michigan (I am facetious here) and even worse one, to change my account from Business to Residential. By doing these two moves, I am going through the pain of spending at least thirty hours with Comcast support teams, with no hope for resolution of my situation ever:

1. Moving my business account from Bellingham to Ann Arbor caused the replacement of my own name as the account holder to become my company's name spelled twice next to each other. Still did not get that fixed (think about the joy of trying to cash a check with Comcast issued refund due to my overpayments).

2. After my contract for Business subscription expired, I asked Comcast support to switch my account to residential, electronically signed the contract "paperwork" and promptly returned the Comcast equippment to the local store. Right after that I bought my own cable modem and interacted with the Comcast (this time residential) support team to activate that cable modem. Once that activation succeeded, I gave my credit card number to "automate" bills processing and thought that I will have a smooth sailing ahead of me

3. This switch from the Business to Residential account took place in Jun 2016 - and only few months ago I discovered by complete accident that:

• My Business account is still alive and well.
  • Automatic monthly payments withdravals are posted at my Residential account on Comcast portal, but charged to my Business account - which should be dead for almost two years now.
  • Dependent on which portal I use to view my account (note - both still exist) I am owed different amount of money.
  • I am frequently getting warnings that my account is "behind", randomly from either side.

I can easily understand how the switch between two types of account can result with problems, particularly after seeing how strong is the separation between two halves of Comcast. At no time will I be able to understand why is this situation still unresolved. The existence of two different accounts attached to the same physical address should be pointed out as erroneous immediately - but that would assume that Comcast support and billing software has even most trivial check for consistency.

While I obviously resigned hoping that there is a solution for me, I decide to write this as a stern warning to other Comcast customers.

Expert
Moved:

Re: Is Comcast really the most hated company in US?

Expert
Moved:

Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]. If you are not familiar with the Guidelines you may review them here. http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Forum-Community/Forums-Policy-and-Guidelines/td-p/2618379

New Poster

Just as one would expect - response to my post, by Latoque was removed to a new place pointed to by  http://forums.xfinity.com/t5/Removed-Posts/Re-Is-Comcast-really-the-most-hated-company-in-US/m-p/304... with the explanation that it is not service related.

Two comments:

my posts is completely service related unless "lack of service" is not service related.

pointing my browser to the link provided by Latoque results with

You do not have sufficient privileges for this resource or its parent to perform this action.

Click your browser's Back button to continue.

New Poster

My post about being service realted was moved to a link that shows I don't have access privledges.  How do I get service to that page so I can read the follow up answers to my question?

Expert

@nik-ivancic The post that was removed wasn't one you made.  The post was a one word reply that was against Forum Guidelines.  You can review those here.

@vandavidson Your post WAS removed because of a Forum Guidelines violation which was explained: "Your post has been removed to a secure, hidden area for violating Forum Guidelines [circumventing the language filters]." and then gave a link to the Guidelines for you to read.  There were no followup responses.

Both of those posts were removed to a closed area of the forum to help keep your reputations in tact.  Smiley Wink

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Official Employee

Hi nik-ivancic, I have responded to your private message.

Thank you

Official Employee

Hi nik-ivancic, thank you for working with me via private message. Please let me know if you are still needing assistance.

Thank you