Community Forum

Investigation Discovery

Highlighted
New Poster

Investigation Discovery

Help! I just renewed my subscription and was assured that nothing would change in my new subscription; however my ID channel, which I watch all of the time, is missing. I need to have it back! Please advise. Thank you 🙂
Highlighted
Expert

Re: Investigation Discovery

@Ahaws wrote:
Help! I just renewed my subscription and was assured that nothing would change in my new subscription; however my ID channel, which I watch all of the time, is missing. I need to have it back! Please advise. Thank you 🙂

Comcast doesn't have an agreement to carry ID so you won't be able to get it back.  The reason you had it was because you were grandfathered in for it.  Once your contract expired, and then you re-upped, you lost your grandfather status along with ID.  Sorry.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you for the info. Unfortunately the sale person gave me bad information. Intentionally? Perhaps.
Frequent Visitor

You can still get "some" ID chanels via PlutoTv.  Go to:

Apps>Video>PlutoTv>On Demand>ID Discovery

Some of the shows are listed and can be viewed here.

Highlighted
New Poster

I also recently updated my service.  I specifically asked if I would keep all of my current channels and was told yes by an Xfinity supervisor.   My account started on 1/27.  I had ID for several days and then it disappeared this weekend.

I called Xfinity after realizing ID had been removed.  I was told that Xfinity was working on another contract with ID and that once signed, the channel would be available again.  Is this true???

I am super annoyed that Xfinity continues to decieve/lie to their customers, raise rates, and provide worse service.

Highlighted
New Poster

Addition info,  I just called again.... It turns out my old plan was grandfathered in to maintain ID.  The new plans that are bundled with internet do not include ID.  I asked if I could revert back to my old plan, given that was told bad information that my channel lineup would stay the same, and told no.

This really annoys me.

The good news is, I confirmed I was in my grace period of 30 days and could cancel contract/my service with no charge, other than for services provided.  I will be looking for another provider.

Xfinity has continually provided poor costomer service.  It always feels like you have to watch for the next way <Edited>.  This is just, unfortunately, another example.