Community Forum

Internet

Highlighted
New Poster

Internet

Hello,

We recently purchased a house in Smithfield Oh.... We noticed that Comcast is not available in this area because Jefferson County Cable has the rights to Smithfield... Can you tell me now that Smithfield is going to dissolve and the contract should void, is there any idea if Comcast will be coming to this area?? The only provider available in this area is Jefferson County Cable (horrible speeds for the price and Frontier who we contacted numerous times and they keep telling us that all their ports are full and they cant offer internet service at this time)

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Internet

@wells595 wrote:

Hello,

We recently purchased a house in Smithfield Oh.... We noticed that Comcast is not available in this area because Jefferson County Cable has the rights to Smithfield... Can you tell me now that Smithfield is going to dissolve and the contract should void, is there any idea if Comcast will be coming to this area?? The only provider available in this area is Jefferson County Cable (horrible speeds for the price and Frontier who we contacted numerous times and they keep telling us that all their ports are full and they cant offer internet service at this time)

No way to really tell, but somewhat doubtful.  You would hear about it in the news if that were to happen.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!