Community Forum

Internet

New Poster

Internet

I currently have 150 Mb internet service and cable TV through comcast.  I want faster upload speeds so I wanted to know the cost to upgrade to the 250 or the 400 Mb service, which are both available in my area.  Of course (as always) there is no pricing on the comcast website making it impossible for me to know what it may cost.

I tried calling but was asked 20 questions trying to 'confirm' every detail the comcast employee already had in front of them about me.  When I didn't know my account number from memory, I was told more information was needed from me and I would have to check my email.  I became frustrated and hung up.

All I want is to give you more money per month to upgrade my internet service but you make it impossible to get the simpliest question answered directly.  I cannot imagine any other business (except maybe the medical field) that is so unable to answer the question "how much does this it?" and remain in business.  How can you provide such horrible service?  All I want is my internet service upgraded!

Official Employee

Re: Internet

@TroyTK

I understand your frustration. However, we do need to verify certain account information before we can provide you with any billing related information. This is to protect the privacy and safety of all of our customers to make sure we are not giving someone other than yourself, or your authorized users information related to your account or services. 

Hopefully, I can make things a little easier for you. In order to get a quote for the internet speeds you are interested in, can you verify the following in a private message? 

1. Your first and last name
  2. The account number or phone number on the account
  3. The full street address including unit number city state and zip code

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!