Community Forum

Internet

Frequent Visitor

Internet

I am 65 and living on SS.I have been a Comcast customer my hole life.I am having a hard time being able to afford Comcast and wanted just Internet so I can stream,as a customer can you please let me know the least expensive internet only plan.Thank-You

Official Employee

Re: Internet

Hello, islaguy. Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums. I know it can be frustrating when the bill seems to just go up and up. I would like to look into this for you. Can you please send me a PM with your first and last name so I may further assist you?

To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Frequent Visitor

Did you get the PM I sent Micheal?

Frequent Visitor

Micheal,

I just now saw your response to me. I think the <edited> for modem would work. I just want to make sure before I commit to that. Micheal, can you please tell me how I would go about excepting that price and moving forward along with any other details I should be are of.

Thank-You Very much for your help.

<edited>

Official Employee

I sure can. If that price point will work best for you, I would then build the package and then either send the order via text to a smartphone or if it's better for you, I can send it to your email. Then you would have 15 minutes to look over the order and if everything looks good you would approve it then I can finalize it on your account. Also, before I can build the package, I would need to get your voice pin in order to remove the phone services from your account. You should be able to locate this using the following link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/view-change-voice-security-pin

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the quick reply.I will go over what I need to do in the morning and get back to you then.Thanks again.

Official Employee

Sounds good, <edited>. I look forward to your reply.

Frequent Visitor

Michael,

Ok so I need to get my home phone ported over to my cell phone first.....quessing possibly 3-4 days. Now with my new internet package does my router stay the same and the decrease in speed be done on your end, or would it have to be switched out?I basically want to make sure all of my new positions are active and working before making the final switch....does that work and if so when this all happens do I just respond to this thread.....make a phone call or just how will it be finalized. Michael, you said <edited> so will the final total be <edited>...........Thanks again...I appreciate your patience with me.

Official Employee

You are welcome, <edited>. Your current modem will still work with the downgraded speed. Once you have the phone number ported is when we will start to make the changes to the account. Once I have it built I send you the order. You look it over and give your approval on it and then I finalize it on your account. Once this takes place everything happens on the back end. You might see your modem reboot to get the new speed file but that would be about it. Then with any cable boxes you have, you would just return those to the local Comcast service center <edited>. Let me know if you have any more question or when you have the number ported over and we can get this taken care of for you.

Frequent Visitor

Ok thanks again I will be getting back to you sometime this week as things fall into place.

Frequent Visitor

Michael,

I have my new phone and I will be working on having my number ported over. Can you please let me know what the total(including any taxes and such if any) monthly charge will be for the package we spoke about and any details I should know before I make these changes....Thanks

<edited>

Frequent Visitor

Micheal,

You can send the order now.

Highlighted
Official Employee

I can certainly do that for you, islaguy. Please send me a PM with the number to text the order to. To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMichael" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

Frequent Visitor

Still waiting for a reply Michael and have not recieved your text

Frequent Visitor

Never mind Michael

Official Employee

I'm glad I was able to assist you, islaguy. If you ever need further assistance don't hesitate to reach out to us.