Community Forum

Internet speed requirement

New Poster

Internet speed requirement

I plan to reduce my service from triple play to internet only when my 2 year contract expires on March of 2019.   I get nowhere calling and trying to shrink my plan, therefore cutting the cord seems to be the only way.  For usage which includes AT MOST 2 simultaneous streaming devices (Roku), internet surfing and NO gaming or music, what would be the minimum speed I would need?   From what I’ve read a 20mb with no data cap would be ideal.  

Expert

Re: Internet speed requirement

@Rmasters11 wrote:

I plan to reduce my service from triple play to internet only when my 2 year contract expires on March of 2019.   I get nowhere calling and trying to shrink my plan, therefore cutting the cord seems to be the only way.  For usage which includes AT MOST 2 simultaneous streaming devices (Roku), internet surfing and NO gaming or music, what would be the minimum speed I would need?   From what I’ve read a 20mb with no data cap would be ideal.  

If you live in an area where Comcast's Terabyte Data Usage Plan applies, you're going to be subject to a data cap if you stick with Comcast no matter how fast your speed tier is.  

Other than that, a Performance 25 plan should work at the bare minimum, but if you're streaming 4k video, I'd up that to Performance 60 or better.  

"The one thing that you have that nobody else has is you. Your voice, your mind, your story, your vision. So write and draw and build and play and dance and live as only you can." - Neil Gaiman
New Poster

Re: Internet speed requirement

Thanks for the reply.   I agree with what you suggest about Performance 25.   Last I checked that is no longer an option.  Performance 25 and 60 have now been combined as PerformancePro which is 60 down.   So is 60 down now Comcast’s lowest tier?  Kinda forces me to buy more than what I need.