Community Forum

Internet outages

New Poster

Internet outages

Comcast outages have become more frequent and longer. I work from home and I lost my internet connection today around 2:00 pm CST. When I called 800-934-6489, I was unable to reach a representative and the automated message suggested that it might be back at 6:00 pm. I have lost a whole afternoon of work and my son also needs internet for doing his homework. I'm paying about $300 for internet, TV and home security. A similar outage happened last week on Thursday. This is unacceptable. Anyone from Comcast care to respond?
Official Employee

Re: Internet outages

Hello Hjanarthanan, I do show that we are doing some repairs on your node and we plan to have your services up and running at 100% within the next 24 hours. If you would like to get set up for updates on the work being completed, please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number and we can get you set up for a text alert. 

New Poster

I can get this information from the online Xfinity status update. My concern is that it happens very frequently and disrupts my work. I understand that repairs are being done, but I haven't had this problem for the past 12 years that I have been using Xfinity and the past 8 years that I have been working from home full time. This sudden increase in frequency of such outages is leading me to think about the choice of using xfinity.

Official Employee

I am happy to look into this for you, certainly there is no service issue that should last for 8+ years. It sounds like you have a problem with wiring or equipment if the problem is intermittent and has been going on for more than a few days. Can you please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me"?