Community Forum

Internet having intermittent problems after a few months straight of no problems

Frequent Visitor

Internet having intermittent problems after a few months straight of no problems

So after a year of having atleast 7 techs come to my house, and 5 replacement modems, and The coax drop from the pole being replaced, and the installation of a moca filter, I went 3 months straight with no problems. My downstream and upstream levels are great but 3 days ago my modem started doing the same restarting itself thing it was doing before. now don't you think after almost 10 techs coming to my house you guys will finally relize it's your issue. I'm not the typical person that calls in, and i'm sick of having to go through did you restart your modem and all that stuff. The drop wire from the pole which is only 20 feet away from my modem, goes straight into an POE Moica filter then straight into a double splitter. One splits to the modem and the other splits to a 4 way splitter for the tvs. My signals have always been really good, my downstream and upstream levels have always been goo. We have been members of comcast for 30 years and this is how we get treated. My internet went out 4 times today for no reason. It's a problem with comcast wires, or something. Why would everything work fine for 3 months?  And when we call in they act like we are idiots when in reality the customer service knows nothing about upstream and downstream levels. You really think we didn't try restarttting it? you really think we didn't make sure the coaz's were tight to the splitters? you really think we haven't already eliminated all the extra splitters? That'

s begginner stuff and common sense things to do. All the splitters and coax's have been replaced several times out of my pocket. Stop assuming there is a problem on the customers end and do your job and send the techs out to replace drop pole wires. We should have to call in a beg just for you to do your job. We shouldn't have to call at all you should see our modems resetting every hour and say hmmmmmm something is wrong let's investigate.  Don't you realize millions of customers are complaining about this exact same thing everyday.  All of our internet worked fine for a long time and all of a sudden it stops working but it's our fault. That's a terrible way to run your company. Get better equpitment because these dual modems are terrible that should be the first thing comcast does.  Research on the internet says 6 out of 10 of the dual modems are defective, and that's the modem you choose to give to millions of customers. Honestly what's wrong with you. I don't even want to deal with you anymore it's ridiculous how many tech have came to my house in the past 2 years. Fix your end fix your wires fix your pole get better equiptment.

Admin1

Re: Internet having intermittent problems after a few months straight of no problems

Hi DDriscoll -- I can help with your service issues. I can get a job setup to come out to check all your lines and replace any as needed. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either account number or linked phone number. I'll get a job built with that information. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!