Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Internet epic nightmare

Regular Visitor

Internet epic nightmare

I have issues with my internet consistently for about 11 months now, I’ve had 10+ tech visits 20+ phone calls, countless hours wasted, numerous days without service and need I mention the plague of daily intermittent service interruptions.

My modem will not stay stable consistently for more than 4 hours maximum. Sometimes every 20 minutes it will cycle. The online light will stay on for about 3 minutes without an actual internet connection before it cycles through a reboot. Lights will flash internet returns without any action from myself occasionally. However this will happen and the online light will not come on at all and I will need to unplug the coax cable from outside to the main splitter wait ten seconds and plug back in and the signal will refresh and the online will come back on. I have been on the phone with an agent while the modem looks active with the online on and I’m not able to connect and they see it as connected. The modem will turn red for a moment on the agents end, go green and show it’s connected whilst I have no connection. Needless to say while my internet is down my TV will not function. No on demand , no changing channels. God forbid I fast forward during a modem cycle. Close your eyes, shut off the TV or brace for spoilers.

I’ve tried everything,
Replaced the line from the pole to the house 2x
Replaced the modem 3x
Replaced the X1 box 1x
Rewired all the lines in the house 1x
Replaced every splitter 2x
Spoke with the wireless department 3x
Factory resets 4x

Signal strength at every end of every splitter has been tested and shown to be strong.
I’ve tightened every connection.
I’ve plugged the modem and cable boxes into the wall directly.
I’ve changed to open dns
Checked network card
Flushed my ip

I moved to this location 13 months ago and it was a brand new Comcast install. Internet worked for about 2-3 months before the bubonic internet plague of 2017-2018.

In my uneducated opinion I think it’s either a problem with the node or internal within my X1 system itself. Either way the techs haven’t had a solution and I feel bad for them as they all have gave it their best efforts and any and all procedures / protocols given by Comcast were performed to their ability. All tests come back positive , the leave with the internet working. No one has an answer, no tech, no agent.

Please help me ge this resolved-
Expert

Re: Internet epic nightmare

I've asked an employee to check the CMTS for real-time and historical RF signal reports from your modem. They can also check your local node/plant for any degradation or error reports. You can expect a reply in this thread. 

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem.You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

"Keepin' it clean since '09"
I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator.
Regular Visitor

Thanks M8
Admin1

Hi Kennymold -- I can help with your technical issues. Based on what you've said there could very well be a larger issue present. Please send me a PM with your name, full service address, and either phone number or account number for authentication. I'll work with local tech ops leadership to find what's causing these issues and however to get them resolved.

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me.