Community Forum

Internet cable line not buried

Highlighted
New Poster

Internet cable line not buried

Hello--

I've been scheduled to have my internet cable line replaced and buried.  Comcast tech came and put a temporary orange line on my property, then two weeks later. third party contractor came to "bury" the line.  Both the comcast tech and contractor assured me there would be no obtructions with the new line being installed, but after the supposed burying the line, half the orange line is still exposed on my property, including on the sidewalk where it could be a hazard to general public.  

I'm not sure why the line cannot be buried underground as the original cable line was, but unless comcast is planning to actually install the cable underground, this is not a good permanent solution for my property.  

Thanks in advance for your help.  We have been loyal comcast customers for years now, and would appreciate a timely and swift response to this.

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Internet cable line not buried

Hello jsprague901. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. I can assist with alerting our local drop bury team that your drop is still not properly buried and we need to revisit that work. Please reach out to me via private message and include your full name and service address so I can assist you. Click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile, then click the link that says "Send a message". There you can private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
New Poster

Re: Internet cable line not buried

We have the same issue going on. Since the techs refused to bury it, our internet has gone down 5 or 6 times, each time requiring a tech to come out to fix. I'm surprised I haven't yet been fired from my job, because I haven't been able to get any work done.