Community Forum

Internet at New Constructed Home

Regular Visitor

Internet at New Constructed Home

I requested service back in December to be installed at my "new" home. I say new, because it has just been built. There is no cable from the street to my house. I am two doors down from where a home has service. I was told by the sales people that there would be no problem in getting service to my house. A tech showed up to my house to activate a modem etc and said that I was too far from the nearst tap.  He put in a request to construction to have a line dropped. I never heard back from Comcast. A week later I came home and a line was run from the house to the pole but was not connected at either side.  I called back and they scheduled  someone to come out and tap the line due to the house was more than 400 feet away from the nearest tap.  Since that time I have been scheduled 5 different times for construction to tap the line only to be canceled by some phantom person at Comcast that no one can seem to identify.  This process has taken hours on the phone with endless employees at Comcast.

How do I get construction (or whatever department) out to my home to tap the line so that I can get internet at the house. 

I need internet for my job, I work from home and I cannot count on ATT&T to provide reliable service that I am forced to use. 

Admin1
Moved:

Re: Internet at New Constructed Home

Admin1

Hi 10PointBuck -- I can help with getting your tap constructed. Can you send me a PM with full name, address, and phone number please?

Click my name (ComcastZach) and click Private Message Me. 

Frequent Visitor

I am having the same issue as well. It's not a newly constructed home, but there isn't a tap on the property I just moved into and I can't seem to get anyone who knows what I'm talking about on the phone or online chat.

Official Employee

bdcessn, I just reached out to you on your public thread.