Community Forum

Internet Speed "Upgrade"

New Poster

Internet Speed "Upgrade"

I got an email saying I was applicable for a "free" internet speed upgrade from xfinity. I'm just wondering for those of you who also got this email, have your rates increased? I already know it won't be free, as my base rates for what I already pay have slowly gone up since I started using xfinity back in June. I'm assuming this is just an attempt to keep me from switching to broadband when it reaches my city, but I wanna know what this "upgrade" actually entails. 

Regular Contributor

Re: Internet Speed "Upgrade"

Rebooted today and ran the speed tests.  We're seeing 180 Mbps (20% overage on 150 Mbps) through our router on a PC connected via Ethernet.

Official Employee

Re: Internet Speed "Upgrade"

Hi communityuser, 

The speed increase you received will be included in the cost of your current services and will not go up based on the increase being offered. It sounds like your rates are increasing due to promotional rates dropping off. I can verify this for you, as well as make sure you are receiving the speeds you should be. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.