Community Forum

Internet Speed of 0.05 Mbps and no functioning TVs - Day 3

Highlighted
New Poster

Internet Speed of 0.05 Mbps and no functioning TVs - Day 3

I have been in contact with 16 different people from the Xfinity Customer Service phone line over the past 3 days attempting to get my services for Internet and TV working properly. I do not know if this forum is an avenue to get some kind of resolution but I have not been able to find a direct email to send concerns to. If it is the wrong area please assist me by letting me know a better avenue!

Below is a current timeline of what's going on...

• On 6/29 I went online and changed service location from 251 c****** St. to 228 C****** St. Service was scheduled to turn off at the 251 location on 6/30 and I opted into self install at the new location since I would be re-using my personal router/modem. I waited two days for priority shipping of the two new tv boxes and once they arrived on 7/1/2019 I installed everything.
  • Once both tv boxes and modem/router were installed I ran into an issue where neither tv box would work and internet was running at 0.34 Mbps on average. I let the boxes sit for three hours and continually received a message on screen stating something along the lines of “This channel will be available shortly” with a total of 14 channels showing up as to be announced.
  • This is the first time I contacted xfinity support. The technician went through all the basic troubleshooting steps (cycle the units, unplug/plug in, check each wire location, no splitter / with splitter, Serial Number reviews, sending new codes to the boxes). None of it worked. I asked her to transfer me to someone else and was just told because it was a new system that I would have to wait longer. The tech transfered me to another technician in the troubleshooting? department and this tech stated that was the problem and to just wait and call back if there were still problems the next day. This conversation and troubleshooting took just under 1 ½ hours.
  • The next day came, I kept both TVs on while I went to work and when I came home at 5:00pm, the same error messages were on the screen
  • This is the second time I called support. After letting the tech go through all the basic troubleshooting questions again and getting transffered to three more different people this time I was told that my services were still live at the 251 location and that everything was cancelled at the 228 location yesterday. I told them that had to be a mistake as my internet was currently working at the new house albiet very slowly. At this time, my internet went out as they said they would have to cancel both locations and reinstate the internet at the 251 location and re-do the transfer that I did online so that it would work at 228. I was texted a link and directed to click the link and accept the terms on the link. I was not told however, that this was an entirely new and DIFFERENT contract than what I agreed to during my transfer request online.
  • Although it was all incorrect terms the tech wanted to make sure they could get the services working first and after all of that was completed, and after that the TV worked downstairs. I thought my problems were over until after I hung up with support, I noticed the upstairs TV was not working, and the internet lasted about 5 minutes with speeds in the 50Mbps range, then promptly dropped to a static 0.05 Mbps
  • This is the third time I called support. I explained the entire backstory and the tech didn’t understand what was going on and tried asking me their cookie cutter list of trouble shooting questions again so I asked to speak to a supervisor. The supervisor came on the phone and explained to me that I had only signed up for 1 tv box and basic internet. I asked her to review the contract I signed online and that it was keyed incorrectly while they were attempting to fix my services earlier in the day, she explained that she couldn’t offer that over the phone. I tried to explain to her that it is not something I am asking for now but that I was promised when I accepted the offer on 6/29 online and that I already have two boxes that were just shipped to me. She said there was nothing she could do and that she would have to transfer me to billing to see what they could. I was transferred to a NON-SUPERVISOR from the supervisor to be told by this next person that she didn’t know what to do. She attempted to transfer me to another supervisor and I was hung up on in the process.
  • This is the fourth time I called support. Another tech answered the phone, and I immediately asked for a supervisor. She would not honor my request and instead tried to go into trouble shooting my internet and TV connections again. I tried to explain to her that it is an issue with the contract getting cancelled from the previous day for some reason and that I need to speak to a supervisor. She finally agreed and while sitting on hold for 5 minutes I was disconnected yet again.
  • This is the fifth time I called support. At this time the automated system continued to tell me that the support departments and billing departments were closed for the evening.
  • Overall I spoke to 12 different technicians and 2 different supervisors. No one could solve my simple problem of activating my two new boxes and getting my internet to run properly but instead compounded my problem by apparently canceling the service I signed a contract for without my consent, and then played phone tag between their departments while I sat on the phone for the better part of 7 total hours so far. I decided to quit trying to call for the evening.
  • Day 3: Still no properly working internet
  • Contacted xfinity support for the sixth time @ 2:35pm and still have no answer. This tech (John) notified me that I am not supposed to have the 250 mbps but the 150mbps and the system is not complete in updating my house from the transfer three days later. I immediately asked for a supervisor as once again, I am being told something different from my agreed upon contract and completely different from what I have heard before. I waiting on hold for 10 more minutes before being transferred to the next tech.
  • Spoke to Helen @ 2:50pm (disconnection Services department and is NOT a supervisor) and was asked to verify that I was wanting to disconnect my services so apparently transferred to the incorrect department. Notified her that I was supposed to be transferred to a supervisor in regards to my services and she continued to attempt to ask me questions about my disconnect. I reiterated to her that my services are not to be disconnected and that they are not working and will only speak to a supervisor. I was told it would be another 8-10 minutes wait time to find a supervisor.
  • Spoke to Arissila 997839 @ 3:01pm and was told she ALSO is not a supervisor and that she was told by the team there that she was just calling me back as a scheduled request. She then began asking yet again to see if she could trouble shoot problems with me and I declined stating I am still waiting for a supervisor. I was told again to wait a moment while she attempts to find a supervisor.
  • Arissila notified me that all of her Supervisors are unavailable and that I would have to wait 40 minutes for a call back from one of them. The names for supervisors she gave me were Johari, Armando, and Hector.
  • I am still waiting for a call back from them but feel like I still wont have a resolution to my problem. I am just trying to get my internet and TV running. Frankly, I'd be fine if I just had internet at this point so I can get back to working. 
Official Employee

Re: Internet Speed of 0.05 Mbps and no functioning TVs - Day 3

Hello, SDFoxtrot. 

I understand how frustrating an experience like this can be. I will do my best to help you out and get your internet speed working. 

Can you please private message me your full name? Thank you for posting to our forums. 
To send a private message, please click my name "ComcastMartin" then select "Send a Message" on the right side.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

Re: Internet Speed of 0.05 Mbps and no functioning TVs - Day 3

Hi there again, SDFoxtrot. 

I wanted to touch base one last time before closing out your post. Did you have any other questions? 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!