Community Forum

Internet Plus Plan - Speeds Not As Advertised - Twin Cities, MN

New Poster

Internet Plus Plan - Speeds Not As Advertised - Twin Cities, MN

Hello,

When I look at my plan information in my Comcast page, it says that I have Performance Plus internet with speeds up to 55 Mbps. I spent the last weekend on chat with various customer service representatives who confirmed that I am supposed to be receiving 55 Mbps. However, every speedtest I run states that my speeds are ~25 Mbps. The customer service reps on the chat could not figure out how to get me the speed that I am paying for.

It wasn't until I called the customer service number and spoke to someone on the phone that they told me that I am actually supposed to be getting 25 Mbps and that the 55 Mbps Performance Plus plan is only available in California. She said that even though my plan lists Performance Plus, my rate code says that I am only supposed to receive 25 Mbps on the Performance plan.

Needless to say, I don't know who to believe. My account states I am supposed to be receiving 55 Mbps on the Performance Plus plan, but customer service shows that I only have the Performance (25 Mbps) plan. If that was true, shouldn't my plan online and my bill reflect this information? Furthermore, why do new customers have the ability to select the 55 Mbps plan in my area? Surely new customers are not signing up for service expecting 55 Mbps and receiving only 25 Mbps.

Can anyone provide any clarity on this, please? Thank you in advance.

Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Internet Plus Plan - Speeds Not As Advertised - Twin Cities, MN

Question moved here from the Home Networking Help Board for greater exposure to actual Comcast employees for an answer.

New Poster

Anyone from Comcast there?
Expert

Performance is 50/5 (down/up) out west and 25/5 in central/northeast areas. 

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
Official Employee

Hello afurry13,

That is correct for what nerdburg said, Performance is 50/5 (down/up) out west and 25/5 in central/northeast areas. 

New Poster

That is not what is being advertised in my area.

If I try to sign up as a new customer right now, I am offered "Performance Plus" (Not Performance) internet with download speeds of 55 Mbps. This is the exact same thing that is showing on my account and my bill. You can't tell me you tell new customers they are going to get 55 Mbps download speeds and then when their service activates they are only getting 25 Mbps. If that is a website error, then you must be getting hundreds of complaints every day from this area.

I have chatted with a handful of customer service reps who have told me I should be getting 55 Mbps, and I spoke with 1 phone rep who told me 25 Mbps is all that is available, which contradicts everything I see on your website. I opened up a complaint with the FCC since nobody has been able to give me what I am paying for. We'll see if that solves the problem.

Expert

afurry13 wrote:

That is not what is being advertised in my area.

If I try to sign up as a new customer right now, I am offered "Performance Plus" (Not Performance) internet with download speeds of 55 Mbps.

I've reached out to Comcast and have confirmed that there is a Performance Plus tier in some areas that is 55/5. It's kind of an oddball though, this is probably why the reps are confused. Please post an update when available, sorry I didn't offer a better reply sooner Smiley Sad

I am not a Comcast employee, just a moderator. Pls observe Wheaton's Law.
New Poster

I am in Washington State with Performance Plus and have tested my speed multiple times lately. It is consistently in the 60's

New Poster

I have Performance Plus and am getting roughly 55Mbps here in the Twin Cities.

Official Employee

Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. I would be happy to assist you from here. Can you verify your account information with me? I would need your phone number, full name, and service address. You can private message me by clicking my name and clicking private message.

New Poster

I live in California and also on the Performance Plus 55 plan.  Our speed is only 33Mbps max each time I test it.  This is not cool as far as I'm concerned.