Community Forum

Internet + Loyalty Dept.

Regular Contributor

Internet + Loyalty Dept.

I recently upgrade my modem due to reading some good things about DOCSIS 3.1 services being rolled out and asked the online chat rep for some special offers on internet only service.  I wasn't really shocked when he came back with the retail pricing for several packages but, he gave me 2 numbers for a "loyalty dept." and upon looking them up they seem to be general numbers for CS Agents.  Having worked for Comcast in the past I know this won't get me anywhere so, I'm hoping to bypass some of the fluff and sales pitches for overpriced options or additional video services when I disconnected all video services back in May.  I tried to PM a rep on another thread but, apparently that's disabled until you post a few times and there's a thread saying as such.

Info I was given:

100 mbps for 54.99,
200 mbps for 69.99
89.99 extra to have 1 gigabit internet speed
1-800-934-6489 or 1-877-824-2288 with assist hours: Monday - Saturday 7AM to 9PM EST

My issue is that these prices are a bit rediculous when you take into consideration that "new" sign ups are:

100 mbps 49.99

200 mbps 59.99

250 mbps 69.99

1 gbps 89.99 for 2 years

Researching options in other markets has shown if there's "competition" Comcast will offer the 1gbps plan for $70/mo for up to 3 years.  

If I could get a little bit of help in not getting gouged in the process of trying out a higher level of service that would be greatly appreciated.  When I downgraded from a double to a single I still got overcharged by $10/mo compared to new users though $10/mo less than a no contract rate.  

Official Employee

Re: Internet + Loyalty Dept.

Hi,  mrumppe - We ask not to PM moderators without a request. I can help you with your concern, please send me a private message with your name, address, and a phone number. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!