Xfinity plant
Community Forum
Xfinity globe

Internet Line Replacement Fiasco

New Poster

Internet Line Replacement Fiasco

We have been promised since early March of this year that our internet cable coming into our apartment would be replaced to remedy the intermittent connection that we are experiencing.  I have a permission letter from our managment company stating that it is okay to run a new line to our apartment.  At this point, I've lost count of the numerous calls that I've had to make to Comcast to get the job done.  They have sent over several field technicians to 'assess' and 'evaluate' the situation with both the inside wiring and the outside line coming into the apartment.  They stated that the line needed to be replaced.  Several appointments have been made, but the field techs always seem to find an excuse not to install it.  Numerous Customer Service agents advised me that I did not need to be home in order for the outside line to replaced, but when a Tech comes over, they leave a message on my phone stating that they tried to contact me, but I was unavailable (I work during the day) and would need to reschedule.  When I have been at home, the flunky that is sent over for the appointment states that he cannot replace the line, as this is a job that has to be done by a special team. (This has occured twice!)  Excuses, Excuses!!  I was even foolish enough to allow a CS agent talk me into upgrading our internet service to the Gigbit service, as it was now 'available' at our apartment complex now.  Upon getting the Gigabit service, the fastest download speed I could get was less than half of what I should have been getting.  How can you promote a service to customers when you can't even provide the advertised service.  I've been paying for Gigabit service for several months now, and getting subpar connection speeds.  I'm at my wit's end and am considering canceling my service!  Because I can never talk to a local agent, I always have to go through a buch of BS trying to expain to the CS agens the aforementioned dilema, wasting hours of my time trying to get resolution, but end up getting empty promises.  

Official Employee

Re: Internet Line Replacement Fiasco

Hi @AngryCustomer09

Sorry for the experience you've had while trying to have this taken care of. I can reach out to your local tech ops team who would be responsible for this type of repair. Once we have got it taken care of, I can also assist you with compensation. 

In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, street address including city state and zip code, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services. 

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.