Community Forum

Internet Essentials - New service - can't reach anyone to schedule technician visit

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Internet Essentials - New service - can't reach anyone to schedule technician visit

Hi all, I'm turning to the Forum, because everything else I've tried has failed. Yes, I understand we're in the middle of a pandemic but these problems are nothing new; I have used Comcast on and off for decades, and there is ALWAYS some glitch with setup or billing,  even at the best of times. Anyway, my main concern right now is that I've been approved for Internet Essentials service, but I can't activate it until a tech comes out and connects my line to the main box outside (a ladder job, on secured equipment). I don't need anyone to come inside, the line just needs to be hooked up in the alley out back. I've wasted literally HOURS trying to call and chat about the problem, and have yet to reach anyone who can help. There have been no updates or confirmation regarding shipping or delivery of the gateway or self-install kit that's supposed to come with the service, but I don't even need Comcast's equipment; I have my own cable modems and routers, and could be up  running within minutes, if I could just get that external line connected.  Calls to Internet Essentials don't offer any way to schedule appointments, or reach a human, and I've given up after 20+ attempts, routing through different menu options, all of which end in a loop and eventually disconnection. Comcast chat reps claim they can't help me with Internet Essentials, I can't manually schedule a technician through the website, even though my account is showing "active" and I can't  complete a byod activation through the links available, probably because Internet Essentials is expected to pair with a Comcast-owned gateway. Two days ago, I drove over to one of the few remaining stores that was open (because the Internet Essentials website suggested this!) but when I arrived, I was told I couldn't pick up or activate a gateway, couldn't schedule a technician and couldn't even check the status of the account, because nobody there had access to the Internet Essentials database. I am beyond frustrated at this point, and would appreciate any help I could get from a live human employee. Thank you in advance, Theeinferno