Community Forum

Installation disaster

New Poster

Installation disaster

It is now five weeks since the installation tech determined our unit needed a rewire from the building connection point. Comcast has been unable to get it done, or even tell me WHEN it MIGHT get done.

The Customer Service folks just give me a runaround.  Does anyone have advice on how to approach this problem?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Re: Installation disaster

Hello DisgruntledMan. We appreciate you visiting and posting on the Xfinity Forums. We apologize your experience in getting your service setup has not been easy. I can assist with alerting our local Tech Ops team to get the rewire completed, so you can establish service. Please send me a private message and include your full name, complete home address, and primary contact phone number so I can assist you. Click my name (ComcastJoeTru) to view my profile, then click the link that says "Send a message". There you can private message me. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
New Poster

Yes. I'm going into two weeks with a very similar problem and took to their Facebook page to complain. I had a knowlegable technician contact "construction" and give me a date for repair within 20 minutes. Their call center is very useless.

Official Employee

Hello @Jakrabt, thanks for reaching out to our Forums and I'm sorry to hear that you did not have a good onboarding experience with us. I'm happy that you are now receiving the assistance you need. Thanks for providing us with your feedback and we appreciate you becoming a Comcast customer. I would be more than happy to follow up with you to make sure everything gets installed and setup successfully on your end. Please send me a Private Message including your name, if you would like me to do so. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message". 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
New Poster

How do I send you a private message? I've seen you helped people with a similar issue. I have the main wire from telephone pole to telephone pole has a 20ft section down in my yard. I need it fixed.
<edited for violating forum guidelines>

Official Employee

Hello, MikeThouston! Welcome to the Xfinity Forums. 

New users to the forums are unable to use private messaging until they have made at least one public post to help reduce the amount of unsolicited private messages that violate our forum guidelines. As you have now posted this first message, that feature should be available to you now. 

I would absolutely love to help you get that line raised out of your yard as quickly as possible. Please send me a private message with your first and last name so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

Official Employee

Hello all, we never received a private message from you or heard back from you on here, so I will be locking this thread. Please be sure to send me a private message if you still need assistance around your installation concerns. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. I want to thank you for choosing Comcast as your provider. We know you have choices out there, I want to thank you for choosing us. We appreciate you!