Community Forum

Installation Fee for home with Existing Service

Regular Visitor

Installation Fee for home with Existing Service

I have had cable/internet service at my home (House A ) for the last 8 years. I did a "self-install kit" and everything has worked fine. I also have my own modem. I am moving to a new home (Home B ) and am not sure if I will be transferring or ending my service. My boyfriend is staying in Home A so we are looking at what options he has with getting his own account. Using the online system, there is no "self-install kit" option for his new account. The only way he can opt-in for new cable/internet service is by choosing a time window with an "$89.99 installation fee". The home is CURRENTLY wired for Xfinity service - both cable and internet. I do not see why he would need any install or techs at the home. I am looking for an answer to this before I look elsewhere for service.

Official Employee

Re: Installation Fee for home with Existing Service

Hi Lize00, the site doesn't always have a self-install option due to the tap not being hot outside so that your services can be delivered. If the tap isn't hot/active you will need to have a tech come out and activate it for you thus the $89.99 installation charge. I can double check on my end to see if this is needed. please send me a private message with your full name, street address, and account number by clicking on my name (ComcastAmir) and then "private message me" in you need further assistance. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: Product, Support, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!