Community Forum

Installation Damages

Regular Visitor

Installation Damages

I was scheduled for an installation on 12/26/7 with a drop in window from 2-4 PM. No one shows up and Comcast sends another tech around 6PM.

In his attempt to install a cable through the wall in our office, he mistakenly ends up missing his angle and drills holes through the entire dividing wall and into the baseboard and floor of the next room (living room). He ends up stating he can’t do it through the wall (damage already done). He completes the installation by drilling a hole through the office floor (from the crawl space). I had told him earlier to go through the crawl space, out the vent, and from the exterior wall back into the office wall (similar to our family room installation from years prior), but he didn’t; not sure why. I shouldn’t have trusted him.

In regards to the damages he had caused to the living room baseboard and floor, I have spoken to his supervisor “Curtis” who then reached out to his manager “Richard.” I spoke to Richard twice, but still nothing. It turns out they were subcontracted by Comcast, they are O.C. Communications. Richard told me he’d have a home repair contractor visit, assess and fix the damage but... nothing.

It’s now 1/15/18, and my last voicemail hasn’t been returned by Richard. All I’m asking is, since Comcast hired OCC, can you guys put a little pressure in processing this fix? From what I’m reading in the forum, this isn’t a new thing with installation damages... looks like it’s going to be a headache.

Please help.
5C9D43B7-601E-46BE-934E-4046DF724A34.jpeg
Regular Visitor

Re: Installation Damages

It is now Friday, 1/19/18... not one response from Comcast on here regarding the property damage since posting on Monday 1/15/18??

Since OCC has not sent a contractor, can Comcast send one to evaluate the damage caused? Am I suppose to just wait for OCC? This is ridiculous. I’ll post more detailed pictures once I get home from work.
Expert

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Official Employee

CCerezo, let's get a claim processed for the damage. Please send me a private message with your full name, residential account number and address for help.

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Regular Visitor

Thanks nerdburg, just finished sending a private message to ComcastKenF. I hope this gets addressed.

Here are some more detailed pictures.
9BF48D38-659A-45B4-BE4C-B0DE8F304A7D.jpeg
14428E5F-4E75-4DEE-9D5D-B3EF4325A214.jpeg
Regular Visitor

The contractor that OCC sent over just finished completing the patch. Took 3 days shy of a month to finally get that visit, but he pretty much did a satisfactory patch job - assessed and fixed on the same day. I seriously thought he would have needed to replace the trim and floor, but turns out he didn't have to. 

Thank you OCC, Manager Richard, for following through. Keep that contractor, Ken Bundy, on that payroll; he does great work.