Community Forum

Injury from Non-buried Cable Line

Regular Visitor

Injury from Non-buried Cable Line

Can someone please advise as to how to get Xfinity to FINALLY bury a cable line? We have a wire that runs 100 feet over our yard that has not been buried in nearly two months.  We have been lied to by Xfinity customer service on four instances:

(1) When the line was installed and we were told it would be buried within 15 days

(2) after it wasn’t buried and we called customer service, we were told it would be another 15 days

(3) after it stil not complete and my child tripped and fell over the wire, the matter was escalated as a safety issue and we were told it would be completed within three days

(4) after three days passed, we called again and was told we would get an automated call at 11:27am the following day - once again, it didn’t happen. 

We have over 1.5 hours on the phone with multiple customer service agents and so far no one has given us a truthful answer. 

Any help is appreciated, especially before my child trips and hurts himself again. 

Expert

Re: Injury from Non-buried Cable Line

Hi @masonesq

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Valued Contributor

Customer service is not in communication with the people who do this job, and can only relay the info they are given, with an estimated fix date. I hope your child is okay, and I am just posting to help you understand the process before you are assisted. The crew that is coming to bury the line has to mark other utilities first, and sometimes this can be a pain for many reasons, but that has to be done first. THEY, are the ones who are responsible for contacting you to let you know anything( they often don't, as they work in your easement. I think they should as a courtesy though ) They are often contracted companies by Comcast.

This does not excuse anything going on, I understand, but the people from customer service aren't lying to you, they are just relaying info and reading notes attached. (I used to work in customer service for other providers, so I get a little defensive when blame is misplaced on the guys who are USUALLY going above and beyond to assist you, you just don't know they are)
Official Employee

Hello, masonesq!

I would like to take a look into the progress of this issue and make sure that line gets buried. Can you please send me a Private Message with your full name so I can help?

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!