Community Forum

Initial Registration/cutover of Netflix account with Super Triple Play package and TiVo (no X1 box)

Contributor

Initial Registration/cutover of Netflix account with Super Triple Play package and TiVo (no X1 box)

Hi, I just made the switch to Super Triple Play so I can get Gig internet.  With that package comes a Netflix subscription.  I've been googling around about how to activate the account / switch from my current account.  I found a thread that says you need to start the Netflix app on the X1, sign in with my current credentials, and I will be prompted to switch the billing on my current account from my credit card to Comcast.

Problem is, I don't have an X1 box, and I wont have one.  Is there a way to get this done without an X1 box?  Poster on another thread advises to get a "temporary" X1 box activated on my account and then return it, but also warns that it could be a hassle getting the cablecard on my account set up properly again.  And that sounds like it almost mimics the nightmare I had when I first installed TiVo- it took a couple weeks and multiple trips to the Comcast store before my account was set up correctly.  And there's some sort of arcane setting that needs to be set on the cablecard account in order to receive xfinity on demand on TiVo- after all I went through with that I'm afraid I'll lose that "magic setting" and have to start all over again.

Anyhow, I'm wondering if there is yet a way to do this (switch my netflix account) other than through the app on an X1?  

And, if not, can I ask the installer (apparently upgrading to gigabit requires a $59 service call even though I'm supplying my own modem) if he can temporarily deploy an X1 to my account so I can switch over the account, then have him take the box back and remove it from my account?  

Here is the reddit thread I'm referencing- please let me know if you find and misinformation in it so I am prepared for my installation visit tomorrow.  Thanks.  

https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast/comments/8qy34q/super_triple_play_and_netflix/