Community Forum

Initial Internet Setup (SIK)

New Poster

Initial Internet Setup (SIK)

I had asked a simple question on Chat Support. I just wanted to know if the cable outside the house is live and ready to use in time for me to hookup my modem/wifi router. The answer I got was to follow the steps at www.xfinity.com/activate. How can I follow the steps to the link if the cable outside the house is not live????  It was a very simple question. However, it seems like I was speaking to a 5th Grader. I wish Xfinity would hire peaople on the chat support with a little more common sense.

Contributor

Re: Initial Internet Setup (SIK)

That's what I did.  I plugged it in (before even contacting Comcast) and couldn't get signs of even link layer connectivity. So I went to a Comcast store and told the rep that, and she turned her screen toward me so I could see the record for my address - which was blank - meaning Comcast didn't know anything either.  So a tech came out and agreed that the thing that I thought was "their" cable was plausibly "their" cable and he went up the street for a while.  Then he came back and said he thought he found the other end and connected it and… it worked… 

(I quoted "their" because the cable was actually installed by the home builder - perhaps one of the reasons for not being in their database.)

Official Employee

Re: Initial Internet Setup (SIK)

Hi L2pd, 

I can help look into this. In order assist you, please send me a private message verifying your first and last name, the phone number, street address, and the account number associated with your services.

To send a private message click on my name "ComcastChe", then click private message me.