Community Forum

Individual techs are good; the process is broke

New Poster

Individual techs are good; the process is broke

I have been a Comcast customer for a very long time--back when it was Frederick Cable, then when it was Adelphia.  The larger the company gets, the worse it gets.

For the most part, I have been very satisfied with the individual customer service reps and techs with whom I have encountered, but I can't stand how inefficient and dysfunctional the company is as a whole.

For instance:  I set up our original Comcast account; I pay the monthly bill; my social security number is tied to the account, but the account is in my HUSBAND's name.  To make matters worse, although I have been "added as an authorized user" multiple times, invariably when I call Comcast, they tell me I am not an authorized user.  How does this happen?

I also have a problem with calling Comcast customer service and having it take 30 minutes of going through the automated dialing "tree" to reach a person.  How stupid is a tagline that says, "We should fit into your life; not the other way around" when you need to take a day off work to deal with a Comcast issue?

My latest issue with Comcast is the amount I pay each month for sub-par reception.  Though I have complained repeatedly, I still have been paying an huge amount each month for spotty reception.  Most recently Comcast came to my home and put down a new cable line outside our house.  I got an email saying the job was complete.  Had a tech bothered to check our reception at the completion of the job, they would have found reception had NOT improved and is likely worse than before.

I got the automated follow-up phone call, but when I tried to contact Comcast and tell them that our reception is still bad, I was told--again--that I was not an authorized user.  ...that I could not schedule a follow-up.

I dread having to call Comcast.  I suppose that is the company's master plan:  Keep billing the customer, send a tech and go through the motions, then turn a deaf ear to the problem.

Expert

Re: Individual techs are good; the process is broke

@d-jhall

Thank you for visiting the forums! Sorry to hear about your issues. 

I've asked a Comcast employee to help you. You should expect a reply in this thread. 

FYI: They owe you a $20 credit for every tech visit after the first for the same problem. You can also get a credit for your service from the time you first reported the issue until it is resolved.

I am a volunteer Expert/Moderator, not an employee.

Official Employee

Re: Individual techs are good; the process is broke

Thank you for reaching out to us on the Forums, I would be happy to look at your account from here. To protect the privacy of your account, can you provide your full name, and the full account number or phone number associated with your services? To send a private message click on my name, then click private message me.