Community Forum

Incorrect SSN

Frequent Visitor

Incorrect SSN

When I canceled an old account 2 years ago in deceased husband’s name, Comcast told me the last 4 digits of his ssn did not match...not sure why...maybe he had set up a pin? But we had account for over 2O years and this was never a problem.

They canceled account with no problem, but I now wonder what number exactly did they have on that account? I wouldn’t want someone else’s number to be on there. Hoping it was a pin he made up.

At the time I was in shock over his death and never thought about such things, but I have seen in the forums this has happened to other customers.

Does it matter now, 2 years later?

Expert

Re: Incorrect SSN

@VC82 wrote:

When I canceled an old account 2 years ago in deceased husband’s name, Comcast told me the last 4 digits of his ssn did not match...not sure why...maybe he had set up a pin? But we had account for over 2O years and this was never a problem.

They canceled account with no problem, but I now wonder what number exactly did they have on that account? I wouldn’t want someone else’s number to be on there. Hoping it was a pin he made up.

At the time I was in shock over his death and never thought about such things, but I have seen in the forums this has happened to other customers.

Does it matter now, 2 years later?

It does not matter now, 2 years later.  Smiley Wink

I am not a Comcast employee; I am just a customer, volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.

If you'd like information about the Expert program, you can find it here.
Frequent Visitor

Re: Incorrect SSN

Thank you, Again. Your quick answer put me at ease. Appreciate the expertise.