Community Forum

Incorrect SSN

Frequent Visitor

Incorrect SSN

When I canceled an old account 2 years ago in deceased husband’s name, Comcast told me the last 4 digits of his ssn did not match...not sure why...maybe he had set up a pin? But we had account for over 2O years and this was never a problem.

They canceled account with no problem, but I now wonder what number exactly did they have on that account? I wouldn’t want someone else’s number to be on there. Hoping it was a pin he made up.

At the time I was in shock over his death and never thought about such things, but I have seen in the forums this has happened to other customers.

Does it matter now, 2 years later?

Highlighted
Expert

Re: Incorrect SSN

@VC82 wrote:

When I canceled an old account 2 years ago in deceased husband’s name, Comcast told me the last 4 digits of his ssn did not match...not sure why...maybe he had set up a pin? But we had account for over 2O years and this was never a problem.

They canceled account with no problem, but I now wonder what number exactly did they have on that account? I wouldn’t want someone else’s number to be on there. Hoping it was a pin he made up.

At the time I was in shock over his death and never thought about such things, but I have seen in the forums this has happened to other customers.

Does it matter now, 2 years later?

It does not matter now, 2 years later.  Smiley Wink

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a fellow customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
Frequent Visitor

Re: Incorrect SSN

Thank you, Again. Your quick answer put me at ease. Appreciate the expertise.