Community Forum

Incompetent repair technicians

Highlighted
Contributor

Incompetent repair technicians

On Sunday, 6/7/2020, a Comcast tech was onsite between 3 pm & 5:30 pm for a service call for a neighbor. The tech jury-rigged a connection to my neighbor's home by running a coax cable from the Comcast interface box on the end of my townhouse row across the entryway steps of 4 homes to his unit. I have attached pictures. The Comcast tech didn't want to spend the time or didn't know how to fix my neighbor's issue properly, in a professional manner. Not only does that wire pose a potential safety hazard, but it also makes it look like we are living in a trailer-court. In the process, the Comcast tech disconnected my cable & internet. The Comcast tech also disconnected DirecTV service for another neighbor.

When I spoke to Comcast on Sunday, it was of course too late to send anyone out to reconnect my service that evening & I wasn't able to get an appointment until this morning, 6/9/2020. I explained everything to the Comcast agent & told them that my service needed to be restored. That the cable which was run to the neighbor's house needed to be removed & installed properly. I told them that the tech had also disconnected the DirecTV connection to another neighbor. I also told them that the Comcast network interface box on the end of my building needed to be closed up when repairs are complete.

A Comcast tech was onsite at approximately 9:40 am. I walked outside with the tech to explain everything which was messed up by the tech on Sunday & everything which needed to be done before he left. He did manage to reconnect my service & it is now working. He called to check if my service was working & I confirmed that it was. He indicated that he was leaving & I told him I wanted to talk to him before he left. He walked back & I pointed out that he still needed to remove the jury-rigged cable to my neighbor's place & install it properly. I also told him that the network interface box needs to be closed. Lastly, I told him he needed to reconnect the DirecTV service to the other neighbor. He said he didn't know anything about DirecTV & Comcast couldn't touch it. I told him that Comcast had indeed touched it on Sunday & had disconnected my neighbor. He shook his head, mumbling to himself as he walked towards the street where he was parked. I thought he was going to get his ladder again so he could finish the job. No, he left without another word.

I immediately called Comcast back to, once again, explain everything which had happened & that the tech left without finishing the job after I had specifically told him what needed to be done. It's no wonder why it was so hard to get an appointment when Comcast sends out lazy, untrained techs who couldn't care less about the quality of their work or customer service. Now, another ticket has been opened for Comcast to come out a third time to fix this mess. I have also wasted a lot of MY valuable time trying to get Comcast to do what they are supposed to do. I am so incredibly mad & disappointed with Comcast. I have requested that all information that I provided to again be noted in the new ticket. The only thing I was told was that someone would be back out within 24 hours.

The current ticket number is 051127037

20200608_134631.jpg
20200608_134859.jpg
20200608_134759.jpg
20200608_134822.jpg
20200608_134809.jpg
20200608_134837.jpg
20200608_134841.jpg
20200608_134825.jpg
20200608_134854.jpg
Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Re: Incompetent repair technicians

Your neighbor will still have to contact Direct TV on their own, for any of their issue.. The exterior box looking like that is a direct result of multiple providers being able to access it.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

Hi CCAndrew,

Since it was through the negligence of Comcast, that my neighbor was disconnected from their DirecTV service, it should be Comcast's responsibility to fix it!

Highlighted
Diamond Problem Solver

Nope, it’s the same if Direct TV did it to Comcast. And it’s policy, don’t touch another provider for repairs. It’s easy to see how accidental cuts happen, addresses not labeled on the connections, or labeled wrong over time.

I am a Retired Official Comcast Employee
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark a post as the Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

That's rich since Comcast sure touched another provider's equipment on Sunday! But, I'm not going to fight that fight. BTW, DirecTV has their own, separate network box on the building.

Now, I see that you are retired from Comcast. Are you assisting with this issue or just commenting?

Highlighted
Official Employee

Hello, dc_billm! Thanks for reaching out to us with your concerns about this. 

I understand your frustration about the line organization (or lack thereof), affecting the visual aesthetic of your community. As someone who also appreciates a nice looking home, I totally appreciate you taking the initiative to make sure it gets properly addressed. 

I can confirm that the info CCAndrew provided is accurate, and we value the support of our retired employees here, they are a big help! Service providers do their best not to touch each other's wiring, but mistakes can happen if things aren't properly labeled. We apologize for the inconvenience it has caused you with the disconnect, but I'm glad we were able to get you re-connected shortly after. 

When it comes to complexes like this and the lines hanging or across walkways, it is typically the responsibility of the building manager to work with us to relocate them if needed, especially in the event that construction is needed or concrete to be removed and re-poured. As such I recommend reaching out to your building manager with those concerns, they may be able to give you some more info on what is being done about it if they are working with us already.

In the meantime, I'd love to work with you to get you an update on that service ticket you were given! Please send me a private message with your first and last name, as well as your service address so I can assist. 

To send a private message, click my name "ComcastTambrey", then click "send a message".

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!
Highlighted
Contributor

I emailed Brian Roberts, CEO of Comcast, and he got the issues remedied.

You may close this discussion.