Community Forum

Inappropriate content and families movies

New Poster

Inappropriate content and families movies

How do I go about getting rid of inappropriate commercials during family movies and sporting events? I'm tired of watching programs with my children and scary, R-rated or inappropriate commercials show up. Parental controls don't seem to monitor commercials. Is that an option you can fix ? Maybe add it to your software? If not who do I contact about such issue?

Expert

Re: Inappropriate content and families movies

@Tnkclark1 wrote:

How do I go about getting rid of inappropriate commercials during family movies and sporting events? I'm tired of watching programs with my children and scary, R-rated or inappropriate commercials show up. Parental controls don't seem to monitor commercials. Is that an option you can fix ? Maybe add it to your software? If not who do I contact about such issue?

Is this when viewing on On Demand or regular cable channels?

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Regular cable channels

Expert

@Tnkclark1 wrote:

Regular cable channels

Comcast has no control over the commercial networks show.  You would need to contact the network to lodge your complaint.

I am not a Comcast employee.
I am a customer volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as best answer!
New Poster

Comcast has some control, because a lot of the commercials are localized. 

New Poster

Also why can't Comcast have a filter for the commercial  as it does for the movies and TV channels.