Community Forum

Inaccurate pricing

New Poster

Inaccurate pricing

I have had been meaning to post this for a couple of months now, but beware when you go to a local XFinity branch and the give you a price for the services you request... because if they make a mistake, you will likely find yourself stuck with nothing done about it. As mentioned above, I went to the local XFinity store to start my services. I chose an Internet and TV package, as well as renting the Modem/Router for the Internet. Well, the store made a mistake and did not add the Modem to the cost of the services, even though she had already mentioned the addition of the cost for the modem per month before. They didn't even put down that I had even taken the modem! I found all of this out later when I had to call in to start my service, because obviously the system did not recognize a modem that was not registered when I took it. Needles to say, they now wanted to charge me more than I was shown in the store for the addition of the modem. Yes, had they not made a mistake in the store that would have been okay because I would have known upfront, but the only reason I went with it was because of the seemingly good price including everything. So, several phone calls and several hours later on the phone, XFinity was in no way, shape or form, going to honor the mistake on the stores part. They might as well have said "tough, deal with it." I am posting this to inform others to make sure they are aware, and to verify everything before walking out the door with this "good deal." 

Official Employee

Re: Inaccurate pricing

Hi brysonj80, I replied to your original post. Please reach back out to me there and we can get your concerns addressed.